Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icon coloring

• Please log in to reply

Gswiss

Gswiss

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
On the desktop of my W2k-SP4, icons now appear in dull shades. I was fiddling around with the Activicon software and made a change. The crisp coloring of the icons were then modified to dull on the desktop as well as in the Control Panel.

I can't seem to find the parameter I used which corresponds to the change.

How can I get the original coloring back? Is there something which can be done in the icon cache to reset things.

I tried to rebuild the icons with Tweak UI to no avail.

Display in Control Panel is 16 bits coloring and 1024x768 pixels, as was the case before this incident occurred.

Advertisements

Gswiss

Gswiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Problem solved. Pls ignore

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Edit: cool, may I ask how you solved it, for future reference?

Edited by computerwiz12890, 31 August 2006 - 10:52 AM.

Gswiss

Gswiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
In the Control Panel, in Display, I went into Effects and ticked "Display icons using all available colors". The software I used must have unticked this item "behind my back".