Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

STEAM - COUNTER STRIKE

• Please log in to reply

need.help.plz

need.help.plz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when i get to servers i click on a server and it loads ok.

when it gets to loading security module it works OK

when i get to precaching resources it freezes and doesnt move or do anything, i have left it for hours and nothing cant be my system becasue i have a 1Mb broadband and a 1024 RAM.

i Have lowered the firewall and still the problem keeps occuring

please help

i love :tazz: counter strike and reli want to play it ;)

Advertisements

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling??

DoomHunter

DoomHunter

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Im thiking Maybe its because you might not be using a real copy of CS is it a real version or did you get the CD Key off the net?

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
hmm tru mabye buttttt... the CD key would ony work once he problerly wasnt the first person to get the CD key... what version of CS is it your trying to play with??

Edited by bobbobagan, 05 June 2005 - 07:40 PM.

Bo-Train

Bo-Train

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey man,

This happens every so often to all cs games. It happened to me, on condition zero. It stops loading on the precaching thing...

Just keep trying, keep joining games, and after a few days, it will load. It is just an unexplainable glitch, and nothing is wrong with yur computer. So just keep trying every day a few times, and after 3-10 days it will go through, with no problems of the sort thereafter.

-Bo-Train

xplayar

xplayar

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey man,

This happens every so often to all cs games. It happened to me, on condition zero. It stops loading on the precaching thing...

Just keep trying, keep joining games, and after a few days, it will load. It is just an unexplainable glitch, and nothing is wrong with yur computer. So just keep trying every day a few times, and after 3-10 days it will go through, with no problems of the sort thereafter.

-Bo-Train

View Post

i keep getting message, game validating resources
then fails to connect to server

also installed steam_cs , and keep getting corruption in installation file could that be the problem?
ive downloaded the same file from numerous websites.

wrxboy04

wrxboy04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
try steampowered.com

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Its because the steam game is not fully updated. Try deleting the dictory eg> C:\program files\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\counter-strike\cstrike\cstrike
And letting steam redownload all the files. Or did it happen straigh after an update, just keep trying and it work out or goto "Play games" and right click counter-strike and goto properties and make sure it says keep this game up to date.

Good luck.