Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet problem with Win2K

• Please log in to reply

kelly106

kelly106

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have win2000 installed on my machine. It is a fresh install, No firewall or antivirus or any other software. I am trying to browse internet. Some time it diplays some contents or some time not. Connection looks very slow. I talked to service provider it seems that everything is OK from their side. I can ping as well. But unfortunately I can not browse. with the same setup I was browsing internet with fully loaded system like firewall, antivirus, spyware etc. But then it stopped working I tried very hard and then decide to format partition with fresh install.
But So far no success. Could any one please help?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
misunderstood when you said WAS

Edited by rushin1nd, 31 August 2006 - 11:01 PM.

kelly106

kelly106

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I mentioned that previously it was a full loaded system with antivirus, firewall etc etc.. Now the status is, I have fresh installation of Win2K. Let me know if it is necessary to install other softwares before actually you guys works for its being slow..........thanks for you comment and link.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
give this a try may be your disk is just cluttered

http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/

after that do a defrafment from you system tools in your accesseries
then reboot

kelly106

kelly106

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

give this a try may be your disk is just cluttered

http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/

after that do a defrafment from you system tools in your accesseries
then reboot

It did it but still same problem.

kelly106

kelly106

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I have win2000 installed on my machine. It is a fresh install, No firewall or antivirus or any other software. I am trying to browse internet. Some time it diplays some contents or some time not. Connection looks very slow. I talked to service provider it seems that everything is OK from their side. I can ping as well. But unfortunately I can not browse. with the same setup I was browsing internet with fully loaded system like firewall, antivirus, spyware etc. But then it stopped working I tried very hard and then decide to format partition with fresh install.

is there any solution to my problem?

kelly106

kelly106

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I did every thinh whatever I can think, but no use. I checked all connections inside copmuter specially for NIC, every thing is fine. I reinstalled NIC driver as well. But could not solve problem. It is really weired. Chkdsk and defrag was done. ..........

Please help me in this situation.

kelly106

kelly106

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
where are Geeks to go? Please help.....