Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Hardware

• Please log in to reply

tool821

tool821

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
When I start my computer up it says that I needs to install new hardware, the only problem is I have everything installed. It says the device is "Unknown" which makes it really hard for me to know what it is. Any ideas?

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Do you have a camera, mp3 player, USB stick or any other type of exchangeable media connected to your machine?

tool821

tool821

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes I do. I have an mp3 player, a webcam and a usb for my phone. All of which are installed on my computer which is why i'm confused. Is there anyway I can get it to give me an idea of what it is instead of having it say "Unknown"?

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
go to device manager under the control panel and check for yellow ?s and first see what section they are listed under, than right click and select install drivers and select for search for drivers online.