Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Small Suggestion

• Please log in to reply

PsychoKlown

PsychoKlown

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
While I was being helped with a problem I was asked to print out the instructions because there were some tiduous tasks to do.

I wanted to print, but not the whole site. I was thinking maybe there should be a printer friendly way of printing a post. This way people don't waste all kind of paper, and they can just click a little printer icon near the post.

:blink: :whistling:

Advertisements

PsychoKlown

PsychoKlown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Yea, I know how to do that. But I was thinking of possibly making it more user friendly.

Some of the people we help (not me yet :whistling:) won't know how to do that.

Edit: Woah. Were did your reply go Keith O_O It disappeared!

Edited by PsychoKlown, 01 September 2006 - 11:23 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Highlight the text you want, right click, click copy, paste it in to Word and print from there

The original reply for highlighting the text didn't work from the site, it does in Word Documents?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Click the Options drop down near the upper right of the topic. Select Print this topic. :whistling:

link

PsychoKlown

PsychoKlown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Didn't see that :whistling:

Thanks!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It's not very obvious. I'll see if I can figure out a universal link that could be included in our canned speeches. :whistling:

boomercj

boomercj

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
The Options button prints out the whole topic. What about a print icon for just one post? Right now I highlight, then file -> print -> print selection. It's not like this procedure takes a huge chunk out of my life, but I'm lazy (and admitting it is the first step toward recovery) and if I can print just one post with one click that would be super.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:whistling: i was thinking the exact same thing as boomercj. It would be a great addition to the site if we could have a button right beside the two buttons, multi and quote.
James :blink:

Edited by james_8970, 01 September 2006 - 08:36 PM.

boomercj

boomercj

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Golly James, thanks for agreeing with me! I've been for married so long, I forgot what that feels like! :whistling:

Edited by boomercj, 07 September 2006 - 07:18 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would probably just paste the neccesary information into notepad because you can print it out and save ot on the desktop for reference as well.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Don't forget the Lo-Fi version available. The link is at the bottom of every page. It is "printer-friendly".
Johanna

starcraft

starcraft

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
lol i was told to print something once but my printer aint set up ATM but i never thought untill now that i could of logged on to GTG using my laptop and followed the instructions that way :whistling:

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
A lot of helpers also recommend that you save it using a word processor such as notepad or word. This will save paper, ink, and it is easy if you save it to an easily accessible location such as your desktop. When I was first infected, Rip_Chain helped me through it, and I remember saving all of the information using word. It was quite easy. Maybe we should just be sure that all helpers make a note of that if they do not already?

Just my 2 cents :whistling:

-Silenced Message

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Another convenient way is to save the web page. This gives you a copy exactly as it appears on the forum (except for multiple pages). You can do this the following way:

Internet Explorer
  • Go to File menu and select Save As...
  • Select where you wish to save the document and then give the page a name. You can keep the other default settings.
FireFox
  • Go to File menu and select Save Page As...
  • Select where you wish to save the document and then type a anme for the page. You can keep the other default settings.
Double click on the web page file then your default browser will open with the loaded page.

By doing this you have the instructions exactly as they appears on the forum. Just be carefull not to confuse the copy with the online forum version.

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
I usually suggest saving the web page, but you've gotta be careful with that one, as it might hinder the removal of some infectionss (BHO's persay).
Skate