Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE problems

• Please log in to reply

gimpyg79

gimpyg79

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey all,

When I try to login to certain websites, especially my AOL webmail, I'm getting a message that says the security certificate is either expired or invalid. It does not do this on my desktop. I click yes to proceed anyway, but the webmail page just keeps reloading.

I recently purchased Norton Internet Security to clean up some virus problems and I never had these issues prior to the virus problem. I get the security certificate message on several sites, all reputable like ESPN, AOL, etc, but only AOL seems to be having the automatic reloading problem.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Are you sure you are 100 percent malware free? You said you had a virus problem which you cleaned up with Norton. It might be a good idea to work through the malware removal guide to make sure you got it all. See the guide at http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

gimpyg79

gimpyg79

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thank you for the response...no I'm not 100% sure I'm malware free and I have posted a HJT log in the malware forum.

I figured out the security certificate problem: somehow my date had been changed to 2007, making my computer read valid certificates as expired. That solved my webmail trouble.

NOW I have a new problem though. IE keeps loading cached pages. I work for a site with heavy forum usage and every time I view the page it appears as it did at 4:00 pm when there has actually been 100s of posts since. I have already completely emptied all my temp files and that didn't help.

Thanks again.