Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious Help

• Please log in to reply

elq

elq

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I dunno what i did but afterwards it takes soo long to load windows. it shows the welcome screen and it stays there for a while then it's stuck on the blue screen and windows doesnt load =.= can anyone tell me what's wrong? i installed something then i did system restore, i thought that it would help but it didnt. they both still have slow loading screens =\ any help will be appreaciated.

Thanks in advance

~Edit~

Sometimes windows dont even load. all i see is a blue screen and i have to press Ctrl + Alt + Del to end explorer.exe then rerun it so that windows will load.

http://www.geekstogo...op-t128918.html

Mine is simular to that. -_-

Edited by elq, 02 September 2006 - 03:12 PM.

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
A few suggestions off the top of my noggin', depending upon where your system's head is ... :whistling:

On start up see if you can get into safe mode to check things out. While there see if you can unload whatever it was that you loaded prior to this "problem" occurring. While in safe mode, be sure your XP disk is in its original drive bay and then open the cmd window and do the sfc /scannow command, the defrag and do a disk check on restarting things. Start> run> cmd then hit enter...

Do you have a system restore file, so that upon start up you can hit, what is it? f9 I think, anyway its at the bottom of the DOS screen where the function keys are noted along the bottom of the screen. The darn thing goes so fast that sometimes you have to start up a few time to read them. Once read put some sort of marker on the key board and then you won't have to worry about it again.

Do you have the setup floppie disks from MS for XP...there are six of them, they will get you past the boot stage to a fresh Windows, keep your original XP disk in the proper drive bay.

Don't forget to defrag and disk check on next startup...

Edited by b1caez01, 01 September 2006 - 10:22 PM.

elq

elq

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I don't have the xp CD

i think this is what i did:

~Installed the program

~Didn't like it so i uninstalled

~Reboot problem's (Windows not loading)

~Decided to system restore (Problem not fixed)

~Undo restoration (Stuck here with same problem)

~~~New Problem~~~

Now my internet doesnt work. it says it's connected, but i can't load Firefox/IE.

-___-

Need a lot of help

Edited by elq, 02 September 2006 - 08:02 AM.

elq

elq

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Help~

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Unless you have access to at least an OEM disk, there is not much you can do at this stage, other than getting a friend to download the XP floppie installer and make yourself the set of six installer diskettes. If someone else has a magic cure, then speak up.

If you can get one, anyone will do, borrow one that is of the same version, and do a sfc_/scannow command out of the 'COMMAND PROMPT IN SAFE MODE" option on startup.

These floppie disks will work if you can get hold of them.

I must be a dunce, but how can anyone be using XP without a disk of some sort? How did it get on your computer? If you had it built, the builder should have, at least, supplied a builder's copy. If you bought it new then install disk came with it. If you pirated it, then you're on your own, save for the diskettes. Find one, somewhere.

elq

elq

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
So.. i can get a Win XP pro cd? cause my friend has a pro CD, can i use that?

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
From what I have read on the various posts, as long as it is the same version, it should work. I have never done this before, as I have always had my own disk. When I have had problems, I also use the floppies [you really should get your buddy to get these readied for you]. Does the Pro edition have the option of loading the Home edition? Mine is an OEM version...Home alone :whistling:

Don't forget his install key.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Let me know how it turned out.

P.S. ...I am a night owl...it is 12.36 am here. I will be up for a wee bit yet...and will keep an eye out for your post.

Edited by b1caez01, 02 September 2006 - 10:36 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
can you do a check disk go to my computer open ,,,then right click my properties,,,then click tools ..check now...then check mark in both boxes and click start..if you see a screen come up when you restart say yes or type y then reboot
this slow so let it go thruogh 5 steps

Edited by rushin1nd, 02 September 2006 - 11:17 PM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Sorry, you lost me... can you give it another try?

Just what CAN you do or get access to? Can you list them, 1., 2., etc.?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
can you do a check disk

1.go start

2.go to my computer open ,,,

3.then right click my properties,,,

4.then click tools ..

5.check now...

6.then check mark in both boxes and click start..

7.if you see a screen come up when you restart say yes or type y then reboot
this slow so let it go thruogh 5 steps

is that easier

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
O.k., I think that I understand... you were asking me if YOU could do this...

On my system, I access "tools" via the c:\ icon in Explorer, not the way you did it... you go to Systems Property Manager by way of your route...

...open Explorer, right click on the c:\ folder, down to Properties, then hit both the Error checking gizmo and the defrag gizmo. It will defrag and then [bleep] it down to have it do the chkdsk on boot up.

Is that what you wanted to know? :blink: If so, go for it :whistling:

P.S. Don't forget to save a registry restore point before hand. Start > Help and Support > Undo changes to your system with System Restore...

Edited by b1caez01, 02 September 2006 - 11:57 PM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Off to bed...talk to you tomorrow...2:13 am...getting cross-eyed... :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
was asking elq not you

it has nothing to do with system restore

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Gotcha...I'll bow out of the discorse then... I was referring to going there to save a restore point prior to doing anything more...not to go there to do a system restore...

Off to another forum...tomorrow :whistling: