Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a firewall

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hello, I need some suggestions for a great firewall for WinXPSP2.
My system specs are (If considering a firewall has anything to do with hardware)

MSI Neo-F Conroe P965
Core 2 Duo E6600
OCZ PC6400 (2x1gig)
BFG 7900GT OC

I need a good firewall, my new system has some errors and Kerio Personal Firewall seemed to be causing my system some grief. So I need an alternative. Which would be the best to buy or download? I would like something similar to Kerio, and equaly as good, if not better.

Thank you all in advance.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Agnitum Outpost is considered to be one of the best - there's a free version and a 'paid for' pro version, but even the free version is the best free one out there in my opinion.
http://www.agnitum.com/

ZoneAlarm is also trustworthy and also has a free version. But I find ZoneAlarm more resource-hungry than Outpost.
http://www.zonelabs.com

Shady

Shady

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
a router :whistling:

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
I dont know if any of you have heard of it before but COMODO personal firewall (www.comodo.com) offers a pretty good free firewall that tops ZA and ive been using it with no problem, youve just got to register with comodo to get your "lifetime" free license, they also offer an antispam, antivirus, antispyware, backup utility. Its pretty good

retrac1324

retrac1324

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I would recommend ZoneAlarm or Outpost, just as Pip said

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
suit yourself....