Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer endlessley reboots

• Please log in to reply

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Ok, as you can see in my signature my computer is a custom buitl one built by myself.
Now I was tomb raider legend today and it often crashed and came up to the desktop with at first an error saying something like 'Microsft Visual +CCCC or something the next error message that occured after playing tomb raider ofr a while was something along the lines of 'fatal error' and the last message said 'A fatal error has occured please refer to the readme for help' my mouse wasnt working I dont know why and the error message box ha d 2 options 'OK' and something like 'Detailed info' I used tab to get to detailed and it said 'Disc Error' or something like that. So I then moved the mouse and clicked on the desktoop after which promptly all icons and the start button everything except the background dissapeared.

So I restarted the computer via the resart button on the computer.
It asked me to choose as it always does when it crashes from safe mode and normal etc I chose normal.
The wondows symbol with the loading bar came up and when it finished I got a very very very brief glimpse of a blue screen with some text on it undoubtley BSOD however it was so fast even if I recorded it using a camera and played it back in slow motion you simpy could not read it and it did not all appear it was like when you switch a tv off.
Then it reboot.

I tried F8 during reboot and selected safe mode. This makes no diffrence all that happens is a command prompt style text 'list' just appears which is of course windows loading safe mode after which it restarts. In other words I cannot access anything.
I have some home video I was recently devoting my time to and many valued game saves as well as some very important documents all of which there is no backup of. Shows why you should backup I guess.
I need at least to be able to access these after which I could transfer them to my second hard drive and then reinstall windows however I canot access even windows.

There have been no recent hardware software or any other changes, the BIOS settings have been that way for over a year so it could not be a change in something.
Even yesterday tomb raider worryingly crashed often.
The disc of tomb raider is intact as I only bought it a couple of weeks back.
What on earth is the problem here? Also remember that that computer is NOT conected EVER to the internet as I am a gamer and prefer not to have viruses and spyware slowing my system down.

Someone please come to my aid ASAP.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Yet another double-post? Here's the original: http://www.geekstogo...ts-t128913.html ...

Moderator, please remove.

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
stormknight6 can u not help me. And I duplicated the message here because I thought I may bet more support.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
First, while it would seem that double-posting would help, it does not, becuase it causes comfusion. You will see a lot of answers from peopl which are exactly the same. Also, I made my suggestion about the power supply, and that's the only lead I have on this one. Sorry, until another idea comes into my head, that's all I can do.