Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer Shutdown when Assessing CD Copying Program

• Please log in to reply

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
I have been encountering problems within past 48 hours. Each time I put CD in CD Rom Drive and try to burn or make copy disk using Nero progarm, system shuts off. Then I experience difficulty at restartup where memory check stops and freezes halfway through memory scan and I have to do a complete shutdown and reboot. Have tried this three times today and same result. Reboot also takes three or four tries.

The only major changes I have made to system within that time has been to install CCleaner and Winamp program. I have of course in the past 48 to 72 hours encountered difficulty using Windows Media Player 10, which has been downgraded to Windows Media Player 9. Thus the reason for installilng Winamp.

This morning prior to problems doing copy disk, I did play a few CD's on Winamp Program, however, but when I tried to use Nero Burning Program, the shutoff problems began. Could this be a memory problem.

I have currently 458 megs of ram installed on system. The following are additional programs which I have installed on computer.

Ad-Aware Anti Spy
Spybot S&D
Avast Home Anti-Virus
Nero CD Burning Program
Yahoo Toolbar with Anti-Spy
Winamp Media Player