When I boot up my computer the monitor comes up with a message saying "Signal cable not connected". However, my computer is powered on and all cables are correctly attached. This became a problem last night after I fully shutdown my computer. I was previously having problems with "Signal cable not connected" after quiting games from Valve (such as Day Of Defeat and Counter Strike). That was fixed by a restart.
Motherboard: P5N32-SLI Deluxe
RAM: 2x 1GB Corsair Value.
CPU: Intel D 3 GHz
Graphics Slot 1: NVIDIA 7800GT
Graphics Slot 2: NVIDIA 7800GT
PSU: 500W ATX12V
2 Monitors attached to Graphics Slot 1.
Attempts made to rectify problem:
1) Removed and attached video cables to check for connectivity.
2) Removed both Graphics cards and tested them individually in Graphics Slot 1.
3) Removed both RAM and received a BEEP from the motherboard (as expected), no output on the screen.
4) Inserted both RAM chips individually on the left most slot.
5) Removed the MOBO Battery to reset the BIOS. Still no change.
Does anyone have any ideas?