Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printing problem

• Please log in to reply

canada1

canada1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am using a Dell 3000 computer with Windows XP and just lately, when I try to print, a message comes on the screen in these exact words "The printer could not print any more because the port is in use". I don't know what this means or what to do about it. We have four computers connected to a network in our house. Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. How is the printer set up? Is it on your Dell 3000 using the parallel port? If you go to start, printers and faxes and right click on the printer, you can view the port information there. Also, if you click on the printer and select open, do you see a job in the queue? If you go to start, my computer right click properties, hardware tab, device manager, do you see the device there? If you click on the device in device manager, does it say it is working properly?

canada1

canada1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the advice. I did what you suggested and everything checks out. Do you have any other suggestions?