Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New system, boot problems.

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I have a rather odd problem, and I can not narrow it down myself, nor figure out what is going wrong with this system, I have sent it back, had it checked by two techs. They got it to run fine, and reboot perfectly.

Now, on to my problem. Whenever I reboot the system, turn it off, etc. The monitor stays in standby, I never get to see anything at all. Even just soft booting from windows this happens.

I've tried unhooking my speakers, mouse etc. To see if it's an external hardware issue, but I think it's not. But I could be wrong. It also might be my monitor.

My specs are
Core 2 Duo E6600
BFG 7900GT (with adapter to use my Dell E773c, CRT)
2 Gigs of OCZ PC6400 "Special Ops"
MSI Neo-F Conroe board, P965.
2x Western Digital 2500JS 250G 8MB Cache drives
Logitech X-530 Speaker system 6PC
Zippy Ultra Slim Multi media keyboard
MX580 Gaming grade optical mouse.

Two techs have tested my system, with all sorts of benchmarkers and testing apps. They found nothing wrong with the system in itself. Yet this booting problem remains, I also have the latest drivers and BIOS for all of my hardware.

I'm in need of some desperatehelp.

Please, and thank you all in advance.

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Have you tried hooking up that monitor to another computer to see if it does the same? Try another monitor on your video card. Reinstall video drivers.

Just some ideas.

Purgatory

Purgatory

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I'm affraid to touch anything, because once the computer wants to restart, it won't come back on. The monitor stays in standby, the keyboard/mouse won't come on. The monitor works fine with my older system and my parents system. Just not this one. I did however try my brothers monitor, another older CRT monitor, and it still refused to boot. So.. maybe it's one of my external compenents, such as my mouse or keyboard.

So, I'm comletely stumped. I usually have to leave the rig off for around 5 minutes before it will successfully boot again.

I need some help.

Purgatory

Purgatory

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Anyone have any ideas? Still having these confusing booting problems...

Edited by Purgatory, 04 September 2006 - 12:43 PM.