Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan down loader

• Please log in to reply

all_forfun2001

all_forfun2001

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i have a trojan on my pc that i cant get off the trojan pops up every 20 to 30 min and trojan hunter cant find it . i have found it in my windows pro and will not let me take it off the trojan is a down loader trojan that is what i am told c:\windows\temp\~630627 if there is any one that has had this and can help you will save me a lot of BCs thanks :whistling:

Advertisements

taher

taher

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Hello all_forfun2001, and welcome to geekstogo.

I'd like to direct you to this thread, specifically the following:

Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log

Posted ImageHijack This - Download - Homepage

Automated tools are not always successful at removing malware from your system. Some infections may generate random files names, are too new, or use other tricks to avoid detection.

HijackThis examines certain key areas of the Registry and Hard Drive and lists their contents. These are areas which are used by both legitimate programmers and hijackers. Some items are perfectly fine. You should not remove them. Never remove everything. Doing that could leave you with missing items needed to run legitimate programs and add-ins.

This section is designed to help you produce a log, post the log into the Forum and finally remove the items as directed by the Member helping you. This involves no analysis of the list contents by you. That will be done by the Geeks to Go Staff.

If you have run and fixed anything with Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, or any spyware program please reboot before scanning.

Save HijackThis in its own folder (i.e. C:\HJT). DO NOT run it from within a zip manager (Winzip), as no backups will be saved.

Posted Image
This is how HijackThis looks when it first opened.

You do not have to change any settings at this point.
Notice the empty section in the middle. This is where the scan results will be listed later.
Note the set of buttons down the middle. To start the scan, Click the Do a System Scan and Save a Logfile button on the top.

Posted Image
HijackThis after the scan.

After HijackThis finishes scanning, a log will automatically open for you in Notepad with the results.

Return to the Forum and reply to your original post (or start a new thread in the Malware Removal Forum). Copy the entire contents of the Notepad file that opened, and paste it into your post. Then, wait for a Staff member to reply to your thread with instructions.

Additional Copy and Paste Instructions
Having problems with cut and paste? Open the text file. Go to the Toolbar of your text editor, Notepad for example and click Edit. Move the mouse down to Select All and click on Select All to highlight the text. Go back to Edit again and move the mouse down to Copy. Click Copy. Go to the Forum and reply to your original post. When the page opens, click on an empty space in the reply window with your mouse to set focus for the paste operation. Finally, hold down the Ctrl button and click the letter v on the keyboard to paste the text into your post.

You don't need to post your log in a new thread, just add a reply here. Thanks.