Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Help Changing From PCI to AGP

• Please log in to reply

Insane Tadpole

Insane Tadpole

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
ok, sooo i have had this graphics card ( GeForce 6600 AGP-8X 256mb ) for a few months and kept on woundering why it srewed up, but now I think I have finally found it out, On my GeForce 6600 properties it says "Location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0" , so how do I change it from PCI to AGP?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't. The PCI bus is the part on the computer that handles all the data coming to and from your graphics card and the rest of the system.

If you go to the View Menu in Device Manager and choose "Devices by connection", then expand the first plus sign and the second plus sign, there will be a plus sign next to PCI Bus. Expand that, and notice how pretty much everything is underneath the PCI Bus, including your graphics card. If there was no PCI bus, you would have no computer at all.