Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Samsung SD-616E DVD-ROM drive

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
my Samsung SD-616E DVD-ROM drive is on a presario SR1020LA and has firmware version F503 i was wonfering if its possible to flash the drive to F50X or would that ruin it??

Advertisement

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Flashing an optical drive is something I've often done with no ill effects, but only do it if it will offer you some benefits that you need. If the drive works satisfactorily as it is, leave it alone.

if you do decide to flash, be perfectly sure you are using the correct update for your particular drive model and follow the instructions exactly.

Edited by pip22, 03 September 2006 - 04:36 AM.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
thats my question i have Samsung SD-616E with flash version F503 can i put an F504 patched flash to make it multiregion cuz i cant find a patched F503

Advertisement