Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Samsung SD-616E DVD-ROM drive

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
my Samsung SD-616E DVD-ROM drive is on a presario SR1020LA and has firmware version F503 i was wonfering if its possible to flash the drive to F50X or would that ruin it??

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Flashing an optical drive is something I've often done with no ill effects, but only do it if it will offer you some benefits that you need. If the drive works satisfactorily as it is, leave it alone.

if you do decide to flash, be perfectly sure you are using the correct update for your particular drive model and follow the instructions exactly.

Edited by pip22, 03 September 2006 - 04:36 AM.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
thats my question i have Samsung SD-616E with flash version F503 can i put an F504 patched flash to make it multiregion cuz i cant find a patched F503