Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Error

• Please log in to reply

Cynn

Cynn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was sitting on my laptop the other day and the following error came up. I honestly don't know how to go about trouble-shooting this error.

Posted Image

I did Spyware/Adware scans with Spybot Search & Destroy and Lavasoft Ad-aware. Neither program found anything. I also did a virus scan with AVG and it of course found nothing. I added a copy of my HjackThis log below. I honestly don't know how to go about trouble-shooting this error.

The last time errors like this started popping up, my hard drive ultimately died. (I never knew what exactly killed my last laptop's hdd. I assumed that too much gaming on it, killed it. Perhaps a mechanical problem. Who knows...) Long story short, I'm afraid that gaming on my laptop is ultimately killing another hdd.

Attached Files

Edited by Cynn, 02 September 2006 - 08:45 PM.

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
:blink: You were not actually sitting on your lap top :whistling: :help:

This is the actual pop up that appeared? ...spontaneously? ...you did not activate Dr. Watson? Never seen the likes of that before, so I would certainly hope that someone will come forward to solve the issue.

The pop up is written in "progammer-speak" which we mortals will never understand.

That being said, it might be a dll problem...did you do the standard sfc_/scannow off the command prompt? Do you recall installing any new divices of software necessitating the install of dlls or drivers, etc..

Have you tried to uninstall the latest program or two that you installed and then followed that up with a general cleanup and reboot?

That's about all that I can offer as a suggestion at this stage. Others hopefully will add their advice...some excellent staffers here...