Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Hard drive

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
OK so I got this new Maxtor 80GB hd that my computer wouldn't reconize. So I buy a IDE controller card, BAM!, the computer reconizes the hd. I go to FDISK off 98 bootable floppy. It reconizes hd 1 and hd 2 (hd 2 is the new one.) I go to hd 2, then go to create primary partition, then I get message" runtime error R6003 -integer divide by 0" What does this mean and how can I fix it???

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
It would probably been easier to download the maxblast software and use it to format the drive. Make the drive as slave and the maxblast software should see it even if windows does not. I have had errors like yours with ide controller cards and unformatted drives.

SRX660

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I checked and the drive has been Zero-Filled with MaxBlast software. I try to format it and it says something like format failed due to physical problems or computer's capitacy limitations. I was reading another topic on some online geek help forum, and the guy said his hd(which was the exact same as mine except his was 40GB) was just dead. The geek recomended getting the firmware from Maxtor. Could I possibly need the firmware for my hd??

Edited by ddiddy40, 03 September 2006 - 06:33 PM.