Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

virus problems

• Please log in to reply

balgill1000

balgill1000

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello, my computer is loaded with many trojans including: Win32:Adloader-DA, Win32:small-BSO, Win32:Rbot-CBN, Win32:Rbot-CBM
those are the ones that I know of.
The problem is that I can't load any applications, I double click and nothing happens.
I can use the interent sometimes, but not alot.
I have avast!, but it can track them , and it says that it deletes them but they're alwaya there.
Hopefully someone can help me, thanks in advance

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
at the top of the page where it says go here

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. System clean? Spyware Protection.
To avoid confusion, please do not post your question in someone else's topic. Start your own. Stay with your original topic when posting a follow up. Need help starting a new topic? Click Here.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

click on that follow program you be ok

post in malware forum

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Can you access the internet...?

Try one or more of the free off-site scanning services...one of which is "House Call" at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Others are out there, and may be suggested by other readers... good luck :whistling:

balgill1000

balgill1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hey, I can access the internet sometimes...but some sites just start acting weird. For example, i can't reply to this topic from my computer (im on a diff comp) but i can still go around on this site, which is weird, if i go into certain areas, like trying to post a reply, interent explorer/mozilla firefox both close right away at the exact same spot which is so weird. Also things like spybot dont open, and in safe mode they also dont open, so they become useless...and avast finds trojans, deletes them, but there still there, and if i scan again, it finds them again..so its really weird.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Please follow as much of the directions as you can that are found here. After you get to step 5, if your problem is not resolved, post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. If your problem persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return here and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Keep in mind, the malware forum is very busy and can take up to 5 days to receive a reply. There is a special forum called The Waiting Room if you've been waiting for 3 or more days. You can put a link to your topic & a short description of your problem and someone will get with you soon.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Always like to read "computerwiz12890's" suggestions...and those of the real "experts." I am just an empirical "expert." :whistling:

In the meantime, while you have a "living" computer to play on ...see if you can locate some anti-trojan/anti-virus/anti-malware software that will run off a floppie. I can't recall just now where to go, to get an "all-inclusive" type of program that will fit on a floppie, but, Symantec, for example has specific files for specific causes...others do as well. I have often downloaded them...as needed. All-inclusive progs are massive and cannot be loaded on a floppie.

I am not a great fan of Norton, but they do have a couple good progs, and a good set of startup diskettes that have an anti-virus component ..and AVG has a FREE set of startup disks that will check for baddies.

...download AVG and use the computer that you are now on to set up the disks.