I am trying to get Age of Empires 3 to run on my computer and it will either restart (after sometime - could be upto 20 minutes) or exit. I have had this problem on another computer, but thought it was the graphics card.
Age of Empires system requirements are:
- Microsoft Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP
- 128 MB of RAM
- Pentium 800 MHz or equivalent
- 64 MB 3D video card
- 1.5 GB of free hard disk space
- 32x CD-ROM drive
- DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
- 56 kbps Internet connection for online play
Recommended system requirements:
- 512 MB of RAM
- 2.0 Ghz CPU
- 128 MB 3D video card
* Mainboard: Gigabyte 7n400pro2
* CPU: Athlon XP 2600+
* RAM: 2x Corsair PC3200 DDR 256MB LL = 512MB total
* Graphics: GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb
* Hard Drive: Seagate 7200rpm 80GB
* Optical Drive: Liteon SOHW-812S 4X DVD+/-RW Drive (firmware upgradeable to dual layer?)
* Case: Antec SuperLanBoy 350 (incl 350W Antec SmartBlue Power Supply Unit, dual 120mm fans - front and rear, toolbox, carry strap)
* CPU Cooling: Tower Heatsink/Fan with heat-pipe technology with 2x80mm fans - blows straight out of case via rear case fan
* XP Professional
I dont see a problem with this, is there something I should download or any hardware upgrades I should get?
Have also put DirectX 9 on, HVision, and ATI - all components I downloaded from the Radeon website.
Edited by glen88, 02 September 2006 - 11:37 PM.