Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cannot install because resolution

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I cannot install internet because video card won't support more resolution. It work before i had to reinstall windows. I cannot update anything because i can't get on the net. What do I do? :whistling: I am going through diablo withdrawal!! We do have a laptop at home with the net but we are both gamers

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Quite probably your version of Windows does not have an internal driver to support your particular video-card, so you need to install a third-party driver from the video-card manufacturer. This driver will have been present on your system until you re-installed Windows which wipes out everything on the drive prior to re-installing.

You need to know the make/model of the video card in order to track down the correct driver from the manufacturer's website if you can't find the driver disc for it.

At the moment, windows is using a low-resolution generic driver just to give you a limited display rather than no display at all. Without the correct driver, higher resolutions will not be available.