Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcam USB device Not recognized

• Please log in to reply

PerryD

PerryD

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I bought new webcam but get the message 'USB device Not recognized' once it is plugged in. I have loaded the software and followed the instructions but still have the same problem. Really getting frustrated by all this, hvae searched the net for 2 days and havent found a solution, beggining to wonder if there is one!! :whistling:

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if anyone can help please take the time to give me a hand.

Perry

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

Is it Windows that gives you this error message or the application that you are trying to use?

i.e if you close all programs/apps etc, & then connect the webcam, does this message still appear or is the message being generated by the software that you installed for the webcam?

Also can you give us your basic system specs please & the webcam make/model