Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

formated compter, sound gone, printer not working?

• Please log in to reply

diab

diab

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey,

I formated my computer awhile ago, and my sound doesn't seem to be working. And now i pulled out my printer and when i connect it to the computer, it can't detect it for some reason. Do i need to change something in my bias? I read somewhere that my soundcard and printer might be using the same port or somethign like that? I am a newbb!! When I got to add a printer, I can't find my printer, even though I installed the software. I am using windows XP. Also when i go to device manage, other devices, I have a question mark on Multimedia Audio controller, Raid controller, and video Controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. You need to go to the sound card manufacturer's website and download drivers. Once downloaded, install from them. As for the printer, install using the CD, or go to the manufacturer's website and get drivers for that as well.

computer_man

computer_man

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
hi
well for the case of when you go into the device manager if you select the items with the questioon mark and then left click and go into properties then select the drivers tool then update ddrivers if this dosnt work contact tyour manafcturers website please post the nake abd model of ur cpu and we can help more <
hope this helps you. :whistling: [font=Comic Sans Ms][b]

diab

diab

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the help. I tried to update the drivers like you said, but it didn't work. My computer is a AMD athlon™ XP 2600+. Oh, and the printer I have is a Sharp AJ-5030, its one of those 3 in one things, its pretty old, about 3-4 yrs, can't find any new drivers that work. I have the one they gave me on the cd, but it doesn't work. Anyways... thanks.....

Edited by diab, 04 September 2006 - 01:39 PM.

diab

diab

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
K, I found my VIA chipset motherboard Utilites CD. I installed the drivers there and some other programs like nortan anti virus, easyTune, etc. But now my computer takes forever to start. And I can't click on the start button, nothing loads, I had to hold ctrl+alt+end to get to my task manager and ran internet from there to post this, lol. Any idea as to what to do now, i guess its time to format.

computer_man

computer_man

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

K, I found my VIA chipset motherboard Utilites CD. I installed the drivers there and some other programs like nortan anti virus, easyTune, etc. But now my computer takes forever to start. And I can't click on the start button, nothing loads, I had to hold ctrl+alt+end to get to my task manager and ran internet from there to post this, lol. Any idea as to what to do now, i guess its time to format.

Yes i may be easier to fornat but if you also try the manafcturers websitew and you may get some drivers from there