Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pillowcases and Bed Sheets

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
I had never heard of a Duvet before... Googled it just now... quite interesting. Imigaine something so strange from a different part of the world, and I though I had seen it all. :help:

Lets examine the differences bewtween my part of the world and anybody else who wants to participate.

Is yours different:

1) We drive on the right side of road and the steering wheel is on the left side of the car.

2) We have an elected president, that is voted in to office, not by the people, but instead by the electoral college and other political parties :)

3) We have the ability to commit a violent crime, and get senteced to life improsenment and then get parolled in 6 years <--- for good behaviour. :blink:

4) We have government agencies who pay 15,000 dollars for a roll of toilet paper. :whistling:

Is your country any different, or are they the same.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well we drive on the correct side of the road unlike all you crazy foregners.

Voting is okay here joys of a democratic monarchy means that in a three tier government only one is elected and has real power but the other two tiers make sure the democratic bits actually follow the rules(it sounds a bad system but it works well). And what has really become a three party system in the UK and 4 for devolved nations. which is good for choice. And of course no allmighty president or PM doesnt have ultimate power like a president more power than a normal cabinet minister though.

Here the courts didnt bother with the pretext of a long sentence and went straight to giving shorter sentences.

Toilet paper in a government building is a sorry affair and im sure costs very little in public building and much more at inland revenue im sure they have an official responsible and a performance commitee.

Although i cant imagine anyone who doesnt know what a duvet is, but then again i had never slept in a bed with sheets until i went to the US.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi spacecowboy706
The best way of staying cool is to buy some linen sheets as the fabric breaths so it keeps you cooler that what i use and I live in Scotland which is not known for it's hot weather as it's usually really cold here you can buy these fitted for your bed base and and flat sheets for on top of you this should keep you cool in all weathers as I suppose your are whats termed as hot blooded obviously this means as a baby you would have showen a red appearance so you would have been more comfortable in a cooler room my youngest son and myself have the same problem so this should help to solve your problem good luck. :whistling:

PeachesCA

PeachesCA

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Hmmm, very interesting topic. If I remember correctly, the percale (or more polyster) type sheets were cooler.

The best way to keep cool at night--sleep on an unheated waterbed. And not the type that sits inside a matress. :whistling:

kws_divine

kws_divine

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

I doubt this has been covered in the Random Topics before :whistling:

Does anyone know what kind of Pillow cases and Beed sheets i can buy that always stay cold.

My wife conned me into buying some Egyption cotton sheets that she said are much much better than the walmart and sears brands. She said they would stay cold longer than the chepo's I had bought at sears, due to thier higher thread count.

I love that feeling wehen you crawl into bed for the night and the sheets are ice cold. It's lights out for me, in about 10 minutes after that.

I have tried the 800 thread count egyptian cotton and they stay cold about 5 minutes. Must I go all the way up 1600 thread count to achieve the full ten minutes or is there an alternative materieal that I have missed.

PS... Tried silk also but they are a pain to launder. Preferrable something we can just put in the normal wash.

i can understand you, i simply hate putting my head on the pillow, and then 5 minutes later it gets warm, then i have to turn the pillow around.

well, you should get a nice rubber pillow like i have, i love it, so cold, stays cold.
sheets? well i dunno.
i dont thing sleeping on rubber sheets would be comfortable.
lol sorry but i havent heard of any sheets that stay cold

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
A lot depends on ones age and what one wears in bed, and let's not forget that part of sleep is to raise the body tempature in order to cure illnesses if one has one some complait that is, also the seasons count so in Geneva we change from thick to thin duvets as the season heats up. Speaking to an Arab friend he told me that in Kuwait they often sleep with a damp top sheet.

dsships

dsships

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I thought I was the only one searching for this. I also want SOFT sheets. The best were the ones
from when I was a kid - 100% cotton - were laundered so no one had to iron them. I still have some
but no pillowcases. I would give anything to find something comperable. :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Welcome to the forum dsships, you must of done a lot of work/reading to dig up a post from two years ago about sheets and pillow cases :)

dsships

dsships

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you BHowett. I googled the topic and this website came up.
I found a company I think, for anyone that's intereseted. It's called
Thomas Lee. They're sending me a sample swatch. I'll let you know
what I think.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
That’s awesome…. :) We don’t really get many people here that found us not looking for computer help… well hey since you’re here have a look around the site, and check out all the forums. There are lots of good people, and information here.

See you around, :)

Advertisements

rusty79

rusty79

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hmmm, interesting post............ thread count in your sheets........... LOL. When I'm ready for bed, I don't care how cold the sheets are, I go to sleep almost immediately.
I do like a cold pillow though, will turn it over a couple of times during the night to have the "cooler" side! :thumbsup:

hello everyone,
Yeah, I am with you, cold pillows rock!!!! I used to have to share a bed with my older sister as a kid, we'd fight over the pillows. I'd stick mine out the window to cool down and she would get it all hot again, ah-----weren't those fun times!

Dude, I recommend trying that new fabric made from bamboo of all things, supposed to be great to keep ya cool. Let us know if it works---------I have been thinking about buying some.

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
LOL :)

Crazy topic :)

I'm just opposite here. I want a nice warm bed, from head to toe.

Reason: I live in a country that is very cold from time to time. Altho its summer
now, so I only sleep with the minimal (Bed-sheet or the like of thin fabric)