Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound no longer working on 3 Yr Old Toshiba Laptop

• Please log in to reply

rhweiss

rhweiss

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
My son's 3.5 year old Toshiba laptop slipped off his bed and it appears to have affected the sound, there is none now, but there was before. I am thinking that the sound card may be loose, but would not know where it is. I have replaced parts on my desktop (with directions), so feel that I do this, if I have guidance. Do you think this could be the issue? Where to from here? Thank you for any assistance you might give. Hilda

Advertisements

computer_man

computer_man

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi. can you please tell a couple of things.
1) What is the make and model of the laptop.
2)Did u rebot the laptop ?
I would apprecitae if you told us these details as it will help alot.
Thanks !

Looking forward to hearing your reply. :whistling:

rhweiss

rhweiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm sorry, I should have put that info in the original msg. It is a Toshiba Satelite 1905-S301 and it has been rebooted. I also did try to use headphones and an external set of speakers, no sound on either.

computer_man

computer_man

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok can i ask you to go into your device manager under soundds,speech click the croos next to it to extend list please tell me is there any items with a yellow question mark ?

rhweiss

rhweiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am sorry that took so long, I am having trouble getting this site to load (using my desktop). Anyhow, once I figured out what you were asking, I did check Device Mgr and there are no question marks by any of the sound devices.

computer_man

computer_man

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
is there any question marks at all ?

rhweiss

rhweiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
There are no question marks at all.

computer_man

computer_man

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok i think if u can tell me the make and model of your sound card plz

rhweiss

rhweiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Since I don't know which is the soundcard I will tell you all that is under that category: Audio Codecs, Crystal WDM Audio Codec, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, Video Codecs.

computer_man

computer_man

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
i am afraid you are going to have to get support from the toshiba team as this is an internel propblem and should really not be opened by a non-expert.

please do not be offended

rhweiss

rhweiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Not offended, thank you.