Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN - Email loading in IE and not default browser

• Please log in to reply

jamielaw

jamielaw

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
When you open MSN up and click: My E-mail Inbox, it loads the page in IE - which is not my default browser. Basically all I want to do is load the page up in my default browser. I have double checked my default browser and it is definitely not IE. Of course I could just load up www.hotmail.com in my default browser but that can be a pain because I'm not alerted when I get new mail. So I just want to know how to change that.

Any ideas are welcome :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Many programs open Internet Explorer as the default browser even you set Firefox or Opera as the default. This is because they've been coded that way and nothing you can do will change that.

MSN is an expected one to open Internet Explorer, as they're both made by Microsoft.

jamielaw

jamielaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

MSN is an expected one to open Internet Explorer, as they're both made by Microsoft.

Thought you'd say that. Yes, I just wondered if there was maybe a tweak or something to allow it to open in Firefox.

Appreciate the response - thanks! :whistling:

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The only exception - of sorts - is when you install one of those Internet Explorer replacement interfaces (Avant Browser i think) and it will open as your default browser from any application -- but it's still IE underneath of course.