Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc Phone but Not PC-to-Phone

• Please log in to reply

Tech Newb

Tech Newb

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay.. Here Is the Thing.. Im Looking for a Program (Hopefully Free) that lets me make my computer into another Phone.

I always am working on my animation or music and i have phone calls coming over every 5 minutes. I have to get up and go across the room to my stationary phone. It prevents me from finishing my work. I recently had my Cordless Blow up due to overheating... Anyway... I use Cable Modem so my socket thingy for phoneline on the back of my computer is free.. any possible way i can just hook it up to my phone line socket on the wall and make my computer a second stationary phone? (Using Mic and Speakers)

Also I looked through bunch of programs and i think the Pc-to-Phone is not what i am looking for... because those program make the computer act as its own number.. i just want my computer to have the same number as my home number. (Shared Service with no extra cost)..

As you can tell .. i am low on money. (Which explains me not replacing the cordless + I think if i replace it with a cheap one again, it will have some problems again and i will have to buy another one...)

Sorry for Blabbing on.. Please Help. As i am in Desperate Assassintance.

Thank You In Advance...

Tech Newbie - Shak.

Advertisements

Tech Newb

Tech Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
*bump*

Is this a hard question? or does no one feel like answering? =(

Gahhh >.> please please?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sounds like you are talking about Vonage or possibly skype as a solution.

or just get a cordless headset that has a base station that is connected to your phone line (like your cordless).