Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

confused beyoned confused (help me)

• Please log in to reply

Rouni

Rouni

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just registered for this site found it will trying to fix my laptop

the laptop is a Sony vaio and does not original hdd had, had windows 2000 on it gave me some error that says system 32 error kernel something like that. I found the files put them on a floppy and another message appeared then when I rest the laptop a massage came up saying no operating system found. I then got a windows xp cd, my cd rom drive does not work but I have an IDE to USB cable I used the boot disk that need 6 floppies I downloaded it from microsoft web site. it detected the cd rom drive that was hooked up to the USB to IDE cable but when I tried to partition the hdd it would not let me? I also looked under the system bios and when I looks at the boot order the hdd name was a bunch of symbols.

I was able to connect my Maxtor hdd with windows xp in it to my laptop using the IDE to USB able and when I used the boot disk that is 6 floppies I pressed R for system recovery and it did detect my Maxtor hdd and was bale to view it in dos but I don’t now how to use the system recovery
I also have windows 95 upgrade cd
:tazz: ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Advertisements