Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backdoor.Win32

• Please log in to reply

Petronella

Petronella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello Rambro,

DOn't know if I can do much more here. It just took me 15 min, 13 automatic reboots and one XP installation disc to get me up and running.

Upon initial bootup I received the error that my Config.sys was missing.

I hope this last thing you want me to do wont exasperate the situation. My fiance' had the same problem and had to reinstall XP and lost everything.

Petronella

Advertisements

Petronella

Petronella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Here's your list:

Active Disk
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Adobe Acrobat 7.0.2 and Reader 7.0.2 Update
Adobe Download Manager 2.0 (Remove Only)
Adobe Reader 6.0.1
Application Verifier Database
ATI - Software Uninstall Utility
ATI Control Panel
ATI Display Driver
Bicycle® Solitaire
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1
Copernic Agent Basic
Diablo II
EverQuest Evolution
EverQuest: Depths of Darkhollow
EverQuest: Dragons of Norrath
EverQuest: Gates of Discord
EverQuest: Lost Dungeons of Norrath
EverQuest: Omens of War
EverQuest: Prophecy of Ro
Galaxy of Mahjongg 2
HijackThis 1.99.1
iTunes
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 8
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0
LiveReg (Symantec Corporation)
Logitech MouseWare 9.79.1
Macromedia Flash Player 8
Macromedia Shockwave Player
MGI PhotoSuite III (Remove Only)
Microsoft Office XP Professional
Morrowind
Natural Color
Norton CleanSweep
Norton Spyware Scan provided by Yahoo!
Quicken 2003 Basic
QuickTime
Sacred Underworld
Security Update for Windows Media Player 8 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
SoundMAX
TES Construction Set
TrojanHunter 4.6
Ultimate Game Pak
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit 2.6
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Service Pack 2
WinZip
Yahoo! Toolbar for Internet Explorer

The iTunes I cannot uninstall for some reason. :whistling:

I know I need to get updates, but I wanted to get this issue resolved first. :blink:

Petro

rambro

rambro

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
Dear Pentrolla, :whistling:

DOn't know if I can do much more here. It just took me 15 min, 13 automatic reboots and one XP installation disc to get me up and running.

I hope this last thing you want me to do wont exasperate the situation. My fiance' had the same problem and had to reinstall XP and lost everything.

What is going on here? I just told you to provide me with an add/remove list through HijackThis, it is a simple procedure. Also who told to uninstall your iTunes? Did I tell you to uninstall something from this list yet?

Restart your computer and post me a new HijackThis log.

rambro :blink:

rambro

rambro

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
Dear Petronella, :whistling:

I know I need to get updates, but I wanted to get this issue resolved first.

The first thing, I need you to do is to go to "Start" -> "Windows Updates" and download the "Windows Critical Updates" for your operating system.

I was looking at your "Add/Remove Software list" log from your previous post. Please unintall the following programs from your "Add or Remove programs" list.

Since you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 installed on your computer system, you can get rid of some of the remnants of your Norton Antivirus software and some other Norton software products on your computer system. Having multiple antivirus software on your computer system can interfere with each other and let more spyware onto your computer system. Uninstall the following programs from your Add or Remove programs list:

LiveReg (Symantec Corporation)
Norton CleanSweep
Norton Spyware Scan provided by Yahoo!

The following are optional uninstalls

The QuickTime Player is a legitimate program, but may interfere with your Real time player, WinAmp player and Windows media player. I suggest you uninstall the following program:

QuickTime

Lastly, I want to know if you are still getting this error

This is important, so let me know in detail if you are still gettting this error!!!

Petronella

Petronella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Rambro,

1. iTunes was attempted to uninstall a while ago and is now listed with no information in the size column. I gave you the information in case there was an issue.

2. [edit]

3. I HAVE followed all of your instructions, again pardon me if I was attempting to explain something that seemed to be unusual.

4. I use Norton Cleansweep and Norton Spyware is included on my Yahoo toolbar. This computer has never had Norton Antivirus on it, only the Cleansweep Suite of programs.

"Restart your computer and post me a new HijackThis log."

5. I have not restarted since my initial problem earlier. I will let you know what happens tomorrow. Am shutting down computer and removing from the network tonite.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:48:02 PM, on 9/7/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\ACMonitor_X83.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\AcBtnMgr_X83.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe
D:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn\YTBSDK.exe
D:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://D:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgentExt.dll/INTEGRATION_BAND_SEARCHBAR_HTML
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {BE89472C-B803-4D1D-9A9A-0A63660E0FE3} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Copernic Agent - {F2E259E8-0FC8-438C-A6E0-342DD80FA53E} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X83 Button Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\ACMonitor_X83.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X83 Button Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\AcBtnMgr_X83.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USRpdA] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRmlnkA.exe RunServices \Device\3cpipe-USRpdA
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Using Copernic Agent - res://D:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgentExt.dll/INTEGRATION_MENU_SEARCHEXT
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Launch Copernic Agent - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Copernic Agent - {688DC797-DC11-46A7-9F1B-445F4F58CE6E} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.5) - http://housecall65.t...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

6. I hve the main criticals on but need to install others and Until I can log back on without issue I am not downloading any more MS updates.

Petronella

rambro

rambro

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

The first thing I want to tell you is this: Relax, take it easy and don't panic. Also do not reformat your computer system. :blink:

Let us go through your issues one by one.

I hve the main criticals on but need to install others and Until I can log back on without issue I am not downloading any more MS updates.

I cannot "stress" enough to you how important it is to download your "Microsoft Critical Updates" to your computer. That is, even if you are having problems starting up your computer system. If you have all those microsoft "Critical Updates" on your computer, then I am a happy person. Their is no need to install those less "critical" updates. Don't worry, if you are having problems starting up your computer at this point, just get those critical updates on your computer system. :help:

iTunes was attempted to uninstall a while ago and is now listed with no information in the size column. I gave you the information in case there was an issue.

Ok, no problem here, probably when you first tried to uninstall the "itunes" application, the uninstall did not go correctly and left some remnants of the application on your computer system. In this case look/search for the "itunes" folder in "windows explorer" and delete the "itunes" folder. Try looking in the following location:

C:\Program Files\itunes

Look in the itunes folder and if it does not contain any information you want (e.g. music files, which you can move to a different location), then "delete" the itunes folder. :)

I use Norton Cleansweep and Norton Spyware is included on my Yahoo toolbar. This computer has never had Norton Antivirus on it, only the Cleansweep Suite of programs.

In my last post, I gave you a number of applications to consider uninstalling from your Add or Remove Programs list, basically what I am looking for here is to find out if you uninstalled these programs. I am not a fan of Symantec/Norton products because they do a bad job in eliminating spyware from your computer system. Therefore, did you uninstall the following applications:

LiveReg (Symantec Corporation) <-- (Found that this was part of the Norton Antivirus software - definitely get rid of this.)
Norton CleanSweep <-- (Ok, part of your Yahoo toolbar, if you want to keep it, ok, but I would get rid of it.)
Norton Spyware Scan provided by Yahoo! <-- (Ok, part of your Yahoo toolbar, if you want to keep it, ok, but I would get rid of it.)

QuickTime <-- (This is totally up to you to get rid of.)

(Note: Look, if you can uninstall those "Norton" applications I just mentioned, I think you will be better off, but that is up to you.) :woot:

Don't fall into this trap. Just because you are experiencing the same problems somebody else is experiencing, does not mean the same thing is going to happen to you.

I have not restarted since my initial problem earlier. I will let you know what happens tomorrow. Am shutting down computer and removing from the network tonite.

I wanted you to restart your computer so you could tell me if you received the following error:

If you did receive this error, then I would give you a follow up post. To avoid confusion, I will give you this post now. If you find that you do not get the above error then disregard the next post. Wait for my next post. :woot:

rambro :woot:

rambro

rambro

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Please go to Start -> Run -> cmd and press Enter. At the command prompt type sfc /scannow, making sure to put a space between the "c" and the slash, and then press Enter. This will run the System File Checker. Follow the prompts, and insert your Windows installation CD if requested. Then please restart your computer.

Here is a link for reference: http://www.theelderg.../repair_ie6.htm

Petronella

Petronella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Rambro,

Disconnected the computer form the hub when I shut down last night. This am started up without a glitch. The only thing I can tink of is that using an onboard NIC the power in the line never shuts off and the monitoring of the T-1 line by the ISP provider is causing issues.

Or

There is something else that I dont know about.

Petronella

Petronella

Petronella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Rambro,

I do NOT use the Nortons for ANY type of virus/spyware removal. I use it to keep the system clean of cookies and unwanted/extraneous registry entries. If you dont use Norton's for this then what is suggested. So far I haven't seen anything that does just what I want to do, without any extra bells and whistles. From what I understand to get rid of Nortons on the toolbar I would need to get rid of the tool bar....I'll look into it. I use adaware anyway for that.

I despise Norton & McCrappie antivirus. I used to run f-prot but was unable to keep the subscription current. Still looking at other options..may go back to f-prot. Tho Kapersky is looking pretty good.

iTunes- I have renamed the folder & removed the folder and it keeps "popping back up" I just keep it clean out in both C: and D: Drive. I keep having to remove the iTunes/iPod entries from the registry also..so something is causing them to reinstall. (That's one of the reasons for the Norton's Utilities, of which Clean Sweep is only a part of, only..for the registry) I find if I keep my registry clean I have less.......issues :whistling:

Even tho I did not have the error this am, will log in this pm and run the System File Checker anyway...can't hurt.

When dealing with MS, I am very cautious. I have had their "updates" crash my computer quite a few times. That is why I want it up and running well before adding more potential poroblems/issues. I know most of the updates are important, however I also dont want to have to redo my computer after all this work. :s

Petronella

P.S. The updates Will get added once the puter is ok and a new restore point is created.

rambro

rambro

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

I'm only here to make suggestions. Now if you don't want to follow my suggestions, then that is up to you. This is your computer system and you can do whatever you want with it. :blink:

Please download SilentRunners from here: http://www.silentrun...ent Runners.zip. Unzip it to the desktop and double-click on it. If you get any kind of warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run. When the scan is finished, it will create a logfile on the desktop. Please post the entire contents of this logfile in a reply to this post.

rambro :help:

Advertisements

rambro

rambro

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

A few more thoughts on that "itunes" folder.

1. Try deleting the "itunes" folder in "Safe Mode".

2. Itunes, usually comes bundled with the "QuickTime" application, try uninstalling the "QuickTime" application and then try deleting the "itunes" folder.

Petronella

Petronella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Here is the log

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 48, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"Lexmark X83 Button Monitor" = "C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\ACMonitor_X83.exe" ["Jetsoft Development Company"]
"Lexmark X83 Button Manager" = "C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\AcBtnMgr_X83.exe" ["Jetsoft Development Company"]
"PrinTray" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe" ["Lexmark"]
"ATIPTA" = ""C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"" ["ATI Technologies, Inc."]
"Logitech Utility" = "Logi_MwX.Exe" ["Logitech Inc."]
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"USRpdA" = "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRmlnkA.exe RunServices \Device\3cpipe-USRpdA" ["U.S. Robotics Corporation"]
"(Default)" = (empty string)
"SunJavaUpdateSched" = ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe"" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\
>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}\(Default) = "Outlook Express"
\StubPath = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Yahoo! Toolbar Helper"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "AcroIEHlprObj Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "SSVHelper Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{5464D816-CF16-4784-B9F3-75C0DB52B499}" = "Yahoo! Mail"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "YMailShellExt Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ymmapi.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = (no title provided)
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msohev.dll" [MS]
"{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "WinZip"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL" ["WinZip Computing, Inc."]
"{E0D79305-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL" ["WinZip Computing, Inc."]
"{E0D79306-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{E0D79307-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{A2569D1F-4E06-43EC-9825-0088B471BE47}" = "IntelliType Pro Wireless Control Panel Property Page"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IntelliType Pro Wireless Control Panel Property Page"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplwir.dll"" [MS]
"{111D8120-25EB-4E1C-A4DF-C9EE5FCA35CB}" = "IntelliType Pro Scrolling Control Panel Property Page"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IntelliType Pro Scrolling Property Page"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplwhl.dll"" [MS]
"{ED6E87C6-8A83-43aa-8208-8DBC8247F4D2}" = "IntelliType Pro Key Settings Control Panel Property Page"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "IntelliType Pro Key Settings Property Page"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itcplkey.dll"" [MS]
"{e57ce731-33e8-4c51-8354-bb4de9d215d1}" = "Universal Plug and Play Devices"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Universal Plug and Play Devices"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\upnpui.dll" [MS]
"{EBDF1F20-C829-11D1-8233-FF20AF3E97A9}" = "TrojanHunter Menu Shell Extension"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "TrojanHunter Menu Shell Extension"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\PROGRA~1\TROJAN~1.6\contmenu.dll" [null data]
"{85E0B171-04FA-11D1-B7DA-00A0C90348D6}" = "Web Anti-Virus"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Web Anti-Virus"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\scieplugin.dll" ["Kaspersky Lab"]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\
"AppInit_DLLs" = (value not set)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
INFECTION WARNING! AtiExtEvent\DLLName = "Ati2evxx.dll" ["ATI Technologies Inc."]
INFECTION WARNING! klogon\DLLName = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll" ["Kaspersky Lab"]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
Kaspersky Anti-Virus\(Default) = "{dd230880-495a-11d1-b064-008048ec2fc5}"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\shellex.dll" ["Kaspersky Lab"]
TrojanHunter\(Default) = "{EBDF1F20-C829-11D1-8233-FF20AF3E97A9}"
WinZip\(Default) = "{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}"
Yahoo! Mail\(Default) = "{5464D816-CF16-4784-B9F3-75C0DB52B499}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "YMailShellExt Class"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ymmapi.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
Kaspersky Anti-Virus\(Default) = "{dd230880-495a-11d1-b064-008048ec2fc5}"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\shellex.dll" ["Kaspersky Lab"]

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
-----------------------------

Active Desktop is disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 21
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
"{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}"
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Yahoo! Toolbar"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
"{F2E259E8-0FC8-438C-A6E0-342DD80FA53E}" = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Copernic Agent"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL" ["Copernic Technologies Inc."]
"{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" = (no title provided)

Explorer Bars

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
{6F480F82-C3A6-4D35-96F7-B297AD49FBE8}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Copernic Agent Results"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgentExt.dll" ["Copernic Technologies Inc."]
{F2E259E8-0FC8-438C-A6E0-342DD80FA53E}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Copernic Agent"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL" ["Copernic Technologies Inc."]

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}\
"MenuText" = "Sun Java Console"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0008-ABCDEFFEDCBC}"
-> {HKCU...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.5.0_08"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
-> {HKLM...CLSID} = "Java Plug-in 1.5.0_08"
\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\npjpi150_08.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

{193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084}\
"MenuText" = "Launch Copernic Agent"
"Exec" = "D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE" ["Copernic Technologies Inc."]

{1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E}\
"ButtonText" = "Web Anti-Virus"

{4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Yahoo! Messenger"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{4C171D40-8277-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD}"

{688DC797-DC11-46A7-9F1B-445F4F58CE6E}\
"ButtonText" = "Copernic Agent"
"Exec" = "D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE" ["Copernic Technologies Inc."]

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Miscellaneous IE Hijack Points
------------------------------

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\

Missing lines (compared with English-language version):
"{BE89472C-B803-4D1D-9A9A-0A63660E0FE3}" = (no title provided)
"{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" = "*b" (unwritable string)

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

Ati HotKey Poller, Ati HotKey Poller, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe" ["ATI Technologies Inc."]
Simple TCP/IP Services, SimpTcp, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe" [MS]
SoundMAX Agent Service, SoundMAX Agent Service (default), "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe" ["Analog Devices, Inc."]

Print Monitors:
---------------

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\
Lexmark X83 Port\Driver = "LXASLMPM.DLL" ["Lexmark International, Inc."]
X83 Monitor\Driver = "lxas2kpm.dll" [null data]

----------
+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ To search all directories of local fixed drives for DESKTOP.INI
DLL launch points and all Registry CLSIDs for dormant Explorer Bars,
use the -supp parameter or answer "No" at the first message box.
---------- (total run time: 52 seconds, including 18 seconds for message boxes)

rambro

rambro

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

You may want to print out these instructions or save them as a text file with "Notepad" to your desktop because we will be restarting into Safe Mode later on in the fix and you might not be able to access the Internet.

First download ewido anti-spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.
This is a 30 day trial of the program
  • Once you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.
  • Once the setup is complete you will need run ewido and update the definition files.
  • On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
    • Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
  • Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
  • Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
  • Under "Reports"
    • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
    • Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
Close ewido anti-spyware, Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.
  • Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
    IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:
  • Lauch ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
  • Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
  • ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
    Once the scan is complete do the following:
  • If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
  • Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
  • Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
  • Close ewido and reboot your system back into Normal Mode and post the results of the ewido report scan.
Restart your computer and then post a new HijackThis log, along with the results of the ewido report scan.

In addition, let me know in detail how your computer system is running after performing the above steps. :blink:

Petronella

Petronella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sry I havent posted the required information RL issues have taken precedent. Will try today..this evening

Petro

Petronella

Petronella

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok Rambro,

Ewido Scan

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 8:18:12 PM 9/13/2006

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\kristib@admarketplace[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Admarketplace : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\kristib@advertising[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\kristib@atdmt[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\kristib@doubleclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\kristib@mediaplex[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\kristib@tacoda[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\KristiB\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

::Report end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:23:26 PM, on 9/13/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\ACMonitor_X83.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\AcBtnMgr_X83.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
D:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
D:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
D:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://D:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgentExt.dll/INTEGRATION_BAND_SEARCHBAR_HTML
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {BE89472C-B803-4D1D-9A9A-0A63660E0FE3} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Copernic Agent - {F2E259E8-0FC8-438C-A6E0-342DD80FA53E} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X83 Button Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\ACMonitor_X83.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X83 Button Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\AcBtnMgr_X83.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USRpdA] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRmlnkA.exe RunServices \Device\3cpipe-USRpdA
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "D:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Using Copernic Agent - res://D:\Program Files\Copernic Agent\CopernicAgentExt.dll/INTEGRATION_MENU_SEARCHEXT
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Launch Copernic Agent - {193B17B0-7C9F-4D5B-AEAB-8D3605EFC084} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Copernic Agent - {688DC797-DC11-46A7-9F1B-445F4F58CE6E} - D:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.5) - http://housecall65.t...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - D:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe