Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Joke of the Day

• Please log in to reply

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Sorry Zorba I just don't think that is funny. :)

Edit: To remove derogatory comment.

Edited by frantique, 13 January 2008 - 08:12 AM.

Advertisements

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Edit: To remove derogatory comment.

Edited by frantique, 13 January 2008 - 07:27 AM.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
This is the Joke of the Day thread - it is not the let's have a slinging match thread. AgentMES, please do not bring your judgements or criticisms into the thread. If you have a problem with any member's posting in the Discussion Forums please PM myself or another Moderator/Admin with your concern. And Zorba, remember, some members of the community do not enjoy or find crude or bordering on crude jokes to be funny - and we need to respect their attitudes even if we do not share them.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
:) Now how about an old classic

Three men walk into a bar and say ouch.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
An old hillbilly farmer had a wife who nagged him unmercifully.

From morning till night and sometimes later, she was always complaining about something. The only time he got any relief was when he was out plowing with his old mule. He tried to plow a lot.

One day, when he was out plowing, his wife brought him lunch in the field. He drove the old mule into the shade, sat down on a stump, and began to eat his lunch. Immediately, his wife began nagging him again.

Complain, nag, complain, nag; it just went on and on. All of a sudden, the old mule lashed out with both hind feet, caught her smack in the back of the head. Killed her dead on the spot.

At the funeral several days later, the minister noticed something rather odd. When a woman mourner would approach the old farmer, he would listen for a minute, then nod his head in agreement; but when a man mourner approached him, he would listen for a minute, then shake his head in disagreement.

This was so consistent, the minister decided to ask the old farmer about it. So after the funeral, the minister spoke to the old farmer, and asked him why he nodded his head and agreed with the women, but always shook his head and disagreed with all the men.

The old farmer said, "Well, the women would come up and say something about how nice my wife looked, or how pretty her dress was, so I'd nod my head in agreement."

"And what about the men?" the minister asked.

"They all wanted to know if the mule was for sale."

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Compared to that... mine was just lame :) Nice find fran :)

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Fredil, I laughed out loud when I read yours :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
US naval ship and the Canadian authorities
This is the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995.

Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call!

Bravo frantique,another great one :) :)

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
:) I've seen a video reenactment of that it is just so funny! :) :) :) :) :) :)

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Edit: Sorry, hfcg, doesn't quite fit the 'family friendly' profile

Edited by frantique, 13 January 2008 - 09:50 AM.

Advertisements

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
TRUE news story. NOT a joke. Maybe.
A lawyer in Charlotte, NC purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against fire among other things. Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of these great cigars and without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed a claim with the insurance company.
In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion. The lawyer sued....and won! In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous. The judge stated nevertheless, that the lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining what is considered to be "unacceptable fire," and was obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000.00 to the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."
But... After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON! With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and was sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000.00 fine. :)

AgentMES,don't tell me they made a movie out of this,i would die to see that :) :)

hfcg:Darn ,looks like i've missed a juicy one :)

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

TRUE news story. NOT a joke. Maybe.
A lawyer in Charlotte, NC purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against fire among other things. Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of these great cigars and without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed a claim with the insurance company.
In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion. The lawyer sued....and won! In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous. The judge stated nevertheless, that the lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining what is considered to be "unacceptable fire," and was obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000.00 to the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."
But... After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON! With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and was sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000.00 fine. :)

AgentMES,don't tell me they made a movie out of this,i would die to see that :) :)

hfcg:Darn ,looks like i've missed a juicy one :)

As a matter of fact I think I did see a movie about that, called "The pyromaniac lawyer" or something? hmmm...

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
AgentMES,i was referring to the lighthouse incident

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

AgentMES,i was referring to the lighthouse incident

I know I was just kidding lol! :)

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king- sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train (except Terriers and ShihTzu)
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and...
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children