Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Joke of the Day

• Please log in to reply

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
To My Darling Husband,

I'm sending you this letter in a bogus software company envelope so you'll be sure to read it. Please forgive the deception, but I thought you should know what's been going on since your computer entered our lives two years ago.
The children are doing well. Tommy is 7 now and is a bright, Handsome boy. He has developed quite an interest in the arts. He drew a family portrait for a school project. All the figures were good but yours was excellent!
The chair and back of your head are very realistic. You would be proud of him. Little Jennifer turned 3 in September. She looks a lot like you did at that age. She is an attractive child and quite smart. She still remembers that you spent the whole afternoon with us on her birthday. What a grand day for Jen, despite the fact that it was stormy and the electricity was out.
I discovered that the household chores are much easier since I realized that you didn't mind being vacuumed and that the feather duster made you sneeze.
The house is in good shape. I had the living room painted last spring. I'm not sure if you noticed it. I asked the painters to cut air holes in the drop cloths so you wouldn't be disturbed.
Well dear, I must be going. The family is leaving on a ski trip and there is much packing to do. I've hired a house-keeper to take care of things while we are away. She'll keep things in order, fill your coffee cup and bring your meals to the computer room just the way you like it.
I hope you and the computer have a lovely time while we are gone. Tommy, Jen and I think of you often. Try to remember us while your disks are booting.
Love, Mary

:)

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
did my wife send you that? :)

Lord of the Sith

Lord of the Sith

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

did my wife send you that? :)

Sure she's still your wife?? :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Wait a minute....There is life away from a computer?
I just checked and my kids are 18 an 19
One driving and just finished bartending school.
The other getting ready to go to CNA college.
Wife turned 40 and I have a belly..
Did I miss something here?
When I sat down the kids were in High School and wife was only 38
:) :) :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
A Cat Heaven

One day a cat dies of natural causes and goes to Heaven. There he meets the Lord himself. The Lord says to the cat, "You lived a good life and if there is any way I can make your stay in Heaven more comfortable, please let Me know."

The cat thinks for a moment and says, "Lord, all my life I have lived with a poor family and had to sleep on a hard wooden floor." The Lord stops the cat and says, "Say no more," and a wonderful fluffy pillow appears.

A few days later six mice are killed in a tragic farming accident and go to Heaven. Again the Lord is there to greet them with the same offer. The mice answer, "All of our lives we have been chased. We have had to run from cats, dogs, and even women with brooms. Running, running, running; we're tired of running. Do you think we could have roller skates so we don't have to run anymore?" The Lord says, "Say no more," and fits each mouse with beautiful new roller skates.

About a week later the Lord stops by to see the cat and finds him in a deep sleep on the pillow. The Lord gently wakes the cat and asks him, "How are things since you arrived?"

The cat stretches and yawns and replies, "It is wonderful here. Better than I could have ever expected. And those Meals on Wheels you've been sending by are theeeeeeee best!!!"

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Washing Your Cat

Some people have the misconception that cats never have to be bathed. That somehow they "lick" themselves clean. Well contrary to this popular belief, cats do NOT have some enzyme in their saliva that resembles Tide (with or without bleach).

Cats, like their nemesis, the dog, do get dirty and have a variety of odors, from smelling like the outhouse where you camped last year to the same odor as your dog's breath. (Remember, your dog will try to eat anything.) Now we all know that cats HATE water. And we know that giving the cat a sedative to ease this process of a bath is out of the question.

So, the best approach is both sneaky and direct. Remember now, this is not the dumb dog who can be led to tub with lies and a trail of Kibbles and Bits.

Although your cat has the advantage of smarts, quickness and total lack of concern for you, you have the advantage of size, strength, and the ability to wear protective garments.

1. First, dress for the occasion. A 4-ply rubber wet suit is suggested, along with a helmet, face mask and welders gloves.

2. A Bathtub with a glass enclosure is preferred to the one with a shower curtain. A frenzied cat can shred one of these in about 3.5 seconds.

3. Have the Kitty Bubbles and towel in the enclosed bathtub area before hand. No, blow drying the cat after the bath is not suggested.

4. Draw the water, making it a little warmer than needed as you still need to find the cat. Position everything strategically in the shower, so you can reach it even if you are face down or prone in the tub.

5. Find your cat. Use the element of surprise. Pick the cat up, nonchalantly as if you were simply carrying him/her to the supper dish. No need to worry about the cat noticing your strange attire, the cat barely notices you anyway.

6. Once you and the cat are inside the bathroom, speed is essential. In one single liquid motion, shut the door to the bathroom, step into the shower, close the sliding doors, and drop the cat into the water. While the cat is still in a state of shock, locate the Kitty Bubbles and squirt whatever part of him is above the water line. You have just begun the wildest 45 seconds of your life. Remember that cats have no handles and add the fact that he now has soapy fur. His state of shock has worn off and he's madder than a wet hornet.

7. As best, you can, wearing welder's gloves, try to field his body as he catapults through the air toward the ceiling. If possible, give another squirt of Kitty Bubbles with his body now fully exposed.

8. During the 5 seconds you are able to hold onto him, rub vigorously. No need to worry about rinsing. As he slide down the glass enclosure into the tub, he will fall back into the water, rinsing himself in the process.

9. Only attempt the lather and rinse process about 3 times. The cat will realize the lack of traction on the glass by then and will use the next attempt on the first available part of you.

10. Next, the cat must be dried. No, this is NOT the easiest part. By this stage, you are worn out and the cat has just become semi-permanently affixed to your right leg. We suggest here that you drain the tub and in full view of your cat. reach for the bottle of Kitty Bubbles.

11. If you have done step 10 correctly, the cat will be off your leg and hanging precariously from your helmet. Although this view of the cat is most disgusting, he will be in a much better position for wrapping the towel around him.

12. Be sure cat is firmly wrapped in towel before opening tub enclosure. Open bathroom door, put towel wrapped cat on floor and step back quickly, into tub, if possible, Do not open enclosure until all you can see is the shredded towel.

13. In about 2 hours it will be safe to exit the bathroom. Your cat will be sitting out there somewhere looking like a small hedgehog while plotting revenge

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
that was a good one... :)

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
A man goes to the doctor to hear his test results.

Doctor: "I'm afraid I have some terrible news. You have cancer and Alzheimer's disease."
Man: "Whew. Thank god I don't have cancer."

- Credit to Gilbert Gottfried.

Edited by UV_Power, 24 November 2009 - 01:59 AM.

doughahn56

doughahn56

• Pip
  • 5 posts
There are NO bad words in this joke!

what did the fish say when he swam into a concrete wall???

???

???

??

?

"dam"

KRG Lightning 15

KRG Lightning 15

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
This place is suposed to be a G-PG rated jokes thats y their are no swears here.
The Jokes are awsome. :)

Advertisements

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I've spent a lot of the time with Vista today, and, tell you the truth, we weren't getting along that well. I said a few words (that I don't regret), but then I calmed down, and yet it kept giving me those mistrustful looks, so at the end I decided to tease her with a little song:

The Windows Temporary Files Song

I get cleaned out, then I fill up again,
Every time I get cleaned out X 200

(One beer too many, I guess)
SOADA

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Oh, doughahn56, that fish story reminded me of some silly American movie where a bunch of tourist were visiting a big dam.
So the tour guide says: "We begin our dam tour. You may take any dam pictures you want and ask any dam questions you like...."

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
KRG - I believe we're treading a fine line here.....

Edited by S.O.A.D.A., 07 December 2009 - 07:31 PM.

Placid Storm

Placid Storm

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Two guys walk into a bar.
The third guy ducks his head.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hi to all the "wannabe chef's" out there,here's a great recipe for your X-mas fruitcake!
Tried & tested by me many times

Fruitcake Recipe

1 cup water
1 cup of sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups dried fruit
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
lemon juice
nuts
1 gallon whiskey

Sample the whiskey to check for quality.
Take a large bowl.
Check the whiskey again to be sure it is
of the highest quality.
Pour one level cup and drink.
Repeat.
Turn on the electric mixer; beat 1 cup butter
in a large, fluffy bowl.
Add 1 teaspoon sugar and beat again.
Make sure the whiskey is still OK.
Cry another tup. Turn off mixer.
Break 2 legs and add to the bowl and chuck
in the cup of dried fruit.
Mix on the turner.
If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers,
pry it loose with a drewscriver.
Sample the whiskey to check for tonsisticity.
Next, sift 2 cups of salt. Or something, Who cares.
Check the whiskey.
Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something.
Whatever you can find.
Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees.
Don't forget to beat off the turner.
Throw the bowl out of the window.
Check the whiskey again.
Go to bed.
Who on earth likes fruitcake anyway?