Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Joke of the Day

• Please log in to reply

Road Runner

Road Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
And let me guess........the wife was playing all three of the guys and had $10,000,000 life insurance policy's on each........and lived Happily Ever-after having boyfriends half her age :)

A Modern Day Fairy Tale

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
New Retirement Plan Got this one from my neighbor.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49 today!
If you purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG, you would have $33.
If you purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman brothers, you would have $0.00 today.
But, if you purchased $1,000 worth of beer, drank all the beer, turned in the aluminum cans for recycling, you would have $214.
Therefore the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg Plan!

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Daddy, how was I born?

Well, son, your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, and Googled each other. There your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said: "You got Male!"

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology courses.
She started her class by saying,
"Everyone who thinks you're stupid, stand up!"
After a few seconds, Little Johnny stood up.
The teacher said,
"Do you think you're stupid, Little Johnny?"

"No, ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by yourself!"

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary and his wife was angry.

She said, "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds and IT BETTER BE THERE!"

When she woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box in the middle of the driveway. She ran outside to open it & inside she found a brand new bathroom scale.

Bob has been missing since Friday!

Bismillah

Bismillah

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
It was bobs birthday he was turning 18.

His dad walked in to his bedroom and saw him playing with tractors.

Dad: Bob its time to give up your tractors your too old to play with them now, perhaps we could sell them on

Bob: Yea i guess :/

Dad: ill tell you what if you get rid of the trains ill buy you your first pint tomorrow on your birthday

Tomorrow comes and they both go down the pub

Dad: wow its smokey in here

Bob took in a deep breath then blew all the smoke away

Dad: wow how did you do that?

Bob: Im a ex tractor fan

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

It got crowded in heaven, so, for one day it was decided only to accept people who had really had a bad day on the day they died. St. Peter was standing at the pearly gates and said to the first man, "Tell me about the day you died."

The man said, "Oh, it was awful. I was sure my wife was having an affair, so I came home early to catch her with him. I searched all over the apartment but couldn't find him anywhere. So I went out onto the balcony, we live on the 25th floor, and found this man hanging over the edge by his fingertips. I went inside, got a hammer, and started hitting his hands. He fell, but landed in some bushes. So, I got the refrigerator and pushed it over the balcony and it crushed him. The strain of the act gave me a heart attack, and I died."

St. Peter couldn't deny that this was a pretty bad day, and since it was a crime of passion, he let the man in.

He then asked the next man in line about the day he died. "Well, sir, it was awful," said the second man. "I was doing aerobics on the balcony of my 26th floor apartment when I twisted my ankle and slipped over the edge. I managed to grab the balcony of the apartment below, but some maniac came out and started pounding on my fingers with a hammer. Luckily I landed in some bushes. But, then the guy dropped a refrigerator on me and killed me!"

St. Peter chuckled, let him into heaven and decided he could really start to enjoy this job.

"Tell me about the day you died?", he said to the third man in line.

"OK, picture this, I'm naked, hiding inside a refrigerator...."

:)
Dude you're killing me here....

Huge +1 bump

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Some oldies and Some goodies

Love the way kids think at times - - - :)

JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.

TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'

GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'

TEACHER: No, that's wrong

GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

(I Love this child)

TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?

DONALD: H I J K L M N O.

TEACHER: What are you talking about?

DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.

TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.

WINNIE: Me!

TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?

GLEN:
Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with ' I. '

MILLIE: I is..

TEACHER: No, Millie..... Always say, 'I am.'

MILLIE: All right... 'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'

TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it.
Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?

LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand.....

TEACHER: Now, Simon , tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?

SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.

TEACHER: Clyde , your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as your brother's.. Did you copy his?

CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.

(I want to adopt this kid!!!)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Ever wonder who really invented the internet...or Google even?

Here's my theory....... :yes:

Many, many moons ago, probably in ancient Israel , it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot.

And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she was often called Amazon Dot Com.

And she said unto Abraham, her husband: "Why dost thou travel so far from town to town with thy goods when thou canst trade without ever leaving thy tent?"

And Abraham did look at her - as though she were several saddle bags short of a camel load, but simply said: "How, dear?", as a good husband would.

And Dot replied: "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have for sale, and they will reply telling you who hath the best price.

And the sale can be made on the drums and delivery made by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."

Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the drums. And the drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had at the top price, without ever having to move from his tent.

To prevent neighbouring countries from overhearing what the drums were saying, Dot devised a system that only she and the drummers knew. It was called Must Send Drum Over Sound (MSDOS), and she also developed a language to transmit ideas and pictures - Hebrew To The People (HTTP).

But this success did arouse envy. A man named Maccabia did secrete himself inside Abraham's drum and began to siphon off some of Abraham's business. But he was soon discovered, arrested and prosecuted - for insider trading...hm...first ever spyware maybe? :)

And the young men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly take to camel dung.

They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Sybarites, or NERDS.

And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to that enterprising drum dealer, Brother William of Gates, who bought off every drum maker in the land.

And indeed did insist on drums to be made that would work only with Brother Gates' drumheads and drumsticks.

And Dot did say: "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others."

And Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel , or Ebay as it came to be known. He said: "We need a name that reflects what we are."

And Dot replied: "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators." "YAHOO," said Abraham. And because it was Dot's idea, they named it YAHOO Dot Com.

Abraham's cousin, Joshua, being the young Gregarious Energetic Educated Kid (GEEK) that he was, soon started using Dot's drums to locate things around the countryside. It soon became known as God's Own Official Guide to Locating Everything (GOOGLE).

And that is how it all began. :unsure:

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
A cloud of helium walks into a bar. The bartender says "I'm sorry, but we don't serve noble gases in this bar."
The helium does not react.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
After a hard day of drilling, the drill sergeant let the troops go.
"All right, you idiots, report to the mess hall."
Everybody walked away, sweating and their heads down, thankful for the end of a hard day.
Only one private remained.
He looked at the officer and sincerely said,
"Boy, there sure were a lot of them, huh, sarge."

Nedklaw

Nedklaw

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,652 posts
What do the Sugababes and Doctor Who have in common?

They both keep changing their faces!!! :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
A couple lived near the ocean and used to walk the beach a lot.

One summer they noticed a girl who was at the beach pretty much every day. She wasn't unusual, nor was the travel bag she carried, except for one thing. She would approach people who were sitting on the beach, glance around, then speak to them. Generally, the people would respond negatively and she would wander off, but occasionally someone would nod and there would be a quick exchange of money for something she carried in her bag.

The couple assumed she was selling drugs and debated calling the cops, but since they didn't know for sure they just continued to watch her.

After a couple of weeks the wife asked, "Honey, have you ever noticed that she only goes up to people with boom boxes and other electronic devices?" He hadn't and said so. Then she said, "Tomorrow I want you to get a towel and our big radio and go lie out on the beach. Then we can find out what she's really doing."

Well, the plan went off without a hitch, and the wife was almost hopping up and down with anticipation when she saw the girl talk to her husband and then leave. The man walked up the beach and met his wife at the road. "Well, is she selling drugs?" she asked excitedly." No, she's not." he said, enjoying this probably more than he should have.

"Well, what is it, then?" his wife fairly shrieked. The man grinned and said. "Her name is Sally and she's a battery salesperson."

"Batteries?" cried the wife.

"Yes," he replied.

"Sally sells C cells by the Seashore"

:yes: :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
So there's this man with a parrot. And his parrot swears like a sailor, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight without repeating himself.
The trouble is that the guy who owns the parrot is a quiet, conservative type, and this bird's foul mouth is driving him crazy.
One day, it gets to be too much, so the guy grabs the bird by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever.
Then the guy gets mad and says, "That's it. I'll get you." and locks the bird in a kitchen cabinet.
This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches, and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a stream of invective that would make a veteran sailor blush.
At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer.
For the first few seconds, there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws and thrashes. Then it suddenly goes very quiet.
At first the guy just waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the freezer door.
The bird calmly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now on."
The man is astounded. He can't understand the transformation that has come over the parrot.
Then the parrot says,
"By the way, what did the chicken do?"

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
There were two blondes who went deep into the frozen woods searching for a Christmas tree.

After hours of subzero temperatures and a few close calls with hungry wolves, one blonde turned to the other and said, "I'm chopping down the next tree I see. I don't care whether it's decorated or not!"