Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

service pack 2

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
dOES ANYONE KNOW why sp2 for xp would hang up?I had problems out of this systemwhen I first got it and every time I try to install sp2 it gets almost done, it hangs up.Itn sat for 3 hrs last night and would not finish.I ended up refomatting because I couldnt repair it.I got it running with repair but it was still way sick.The more updates I load the slower it boots also.I have noticed that after the windows logo , the no signal sign pops up before the blue welcome screen finally appears and i get desktop. I think this is due to slow spin up on the hard drive. Any way to fix that? Specs:pentium D 930 ,p5n32 sli deluxe mobo,80 gig hitachi deskstar 300 gbs sat, 2 7800 gt's, 600 watts psu . All help appreciated.