Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

the memory could not be "read"

• Please log in to reply

dedtr9

dedtr9

• Pip
  • 3 posts
usually when i shut down, and now every once in a while, i get an error message form explorer saying:Posted Image
It says explorera.exe, because i edited explorer to have my name on the start bar a long time ago, and i am very shure that is not the cause.

HijackThis log
edit:lgme.exe is a keylogger i put there, so dont worry about that.

if you need any more info, ask.

I was doing somthing with partition magic earlier, and it said my c: (the one windos is intalled on ) is bad, and i'm pretty shure thats why, but i'm checking with you first.

Edited by dedtr9, 04 September 2006 - 07:30 PM.

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Try running a memory test on your RAM. Memtest86 or MicroSoft's Memory Test.

dedtr9

dedtr9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Long:i downloaded the second one,( the first link didnt work), and after going through several floppies trying to find one that worked, i scanned it about 5 times(it kept repeating it and i forgot about it) it never came up with anything wrong.

Short:nothing wrong with memory

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
You have a couple strange entries in the HijackThis log, but before we look further into that, do this:

Click Start, then Run, type cmd in the Open box and click "Ok". At the prompt in the Command window, type fsutil dirty query c: (This queries the drive and will tell you if it is dirty or clean)

Let me know what it reports.

dedtr9

dedtr9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it says not dirty - whats next?

i've ran chkdsk before on c:, and it came up fine.

Edited by dedtr9, 05 September 2006 - 05:10 PM.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Which means the hard drive is most likely fine. I can't help but wonder about those strange HJT entries. So...to make sure you're clean:

Please follow all the directions found here. After you get to step 5, if your problem is not resolved, post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. If your problem persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return here and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Keep in mind, the malware forum is very busy and can take up to 5 days to receive a reply. There is a special forum called The Waiting Room if you've been waiting for 3 or more days. You can put a link to your topic & a short description of your problem and someone will get with you soon.

Yes running those scans will remove your keylogger, but I'm sure you can reinstall it. We wanna make sure every other "nasty" is gone though, so losing the keylogger is a small sacrifice. :whistling: