Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add Internal HardDrive

• Please log in to reply

Airbarto1

Airbarto1

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hey,

Quick question concerning either adding a internal hard drive or replacing my exisiting hard drive.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 from 3 years ago. I have no problems with my current hard drive however I would like to add more space and would like to increase it internally, not with an external hard drive. Anyway can I add a hard drive to this particular computer? Is it difficult to install? Any suggestions with models/companies? If I can't simply add a second hard drive, how much of a pain is it to replace my existing one.

Again I'm simply testing the waters on this front, and any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've gotten great advice from this site before I consider it my first stop for computer knowledge. thanks again

Anthony

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Hey,

Quick question concerning either adding a internal hard drive or replacing my exisiting hard drive.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 from 3 years ago. I have no problems with my current hard drive however I would like to add more space and would like to increase it internally, not with an external hard drive. Anyway can I add a hard drive to this particular computer? Is it difficult to install? Any suggestions with models/companies? If I can't simply add a second hard drive, how much of a pain is it to replace my existing one.

Again I'm simply testing the waters on this front, and any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've gotten great advice from this site before I consider it my first stop for computer knowledge. thanks again

Anthony

I dont think there is space to add another one internally but you can get an external harddrive for your laptop.

Airbarto1

Airbarto1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
what about replacement??