Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Canon i560 won't print black ink!

• Please log in to reply

Kat232

Kat232

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
No matter what I try doing, my Canon i560 won't print the black ink anymore. I tried cleaning (regular and deep-cleaning) the heads as the manual says to do, but nothing helps. When I check the cartridge itself by pressing paper against the opening, black ink does come out. Is there anything else I can do?

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Maybe your black ink is out of ink. Did you change the ink recently?

Kat232

Kat232

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Maybe your black ink is out of ink. Did you change the ink recently?

Trust me, if I know how to do a deep cleaning of the printer heads, I know how to check the ink (which, in fact, was changed very recently). There is still way over 3/4 of a cartridge left, so I know it's not that.

That is also the reason I mentioned checking ink flow by dabbing the opening of the cartridge on a piece of paper. If there's so much ink, I wanted to make sure it was at least able to come out of the cartridge.