Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dreamweaver?

• Please log in to reply

hellerooo

hellerooo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello,

Can anybody help me please?

I am using Dreamweaver to update my site and have added a few more hyperlinks to the homepage.

When I first did the homepage all hyperlinks were on the main part of the page which has a very pale background colour, so rollover text colour was dark green. I have added some new hyperlinks to a dark green section of my homepage, and now when you rollover the etxt it changes to dark green...which is invisible.

I somehow managed to change the rollover colour to pale yellow so that the text stood out from the dark green background. But now the other links on the page (against the pale background) are pale yellow on rollover! HELP!

I have chosen a colour that will stand out against both a pale background, and a dark green background...but now it's staying pale yellow constantly. I have tried changing the rollover colour about 20 times, but it's not changing.

Can anybody help me please? I'm really stuck!

Many thanks

Helen

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 667 posts
You need to define the areas via CSS and then create a hyperlink color scheme from that.

So for example if you have links in a main area and also in the background you might define div tags for background <div id="background"> and one for the main body <div id="main">

Then create the layout for the colors as such:

#background a:link, #background a:visited {
	color: #ffffcc;
	text-decoration: none;
}
#background a:active, #background a:hover {
	color: #006633;
	text-decoration: none;

That would handle the colors for hyperlinks within the "background" div only. You would just repeat that code, change the word "background" to "main" and then change the color values to fit the layout of the "main" div.

Edited by thenotch, 05 September 2006 - 09:59 AM.

hellerooo

hellerooo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thank you...that has worked!

Helen