Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd / cd drive

• Please log in to reply

ivansmagic

ivansmagic

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
having problems with my dvd / cd drive. until recently, when I inserted a disk it would run it automatically but that appears to have stopped.

I have tried going to my computer, right click relevant drive, properties, auto play and checked all the settings there but this has not made any difference.

when a disk is inserted, i can double click the drive and all the files on the disk are displayed on the screen

any suggestions as to how i can resolve this so that an inserted disk runs automatically ????

thanks

Edited by ivansmagic, 05 September 2006 - 02:30 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
From microsoft article 330135.

Make sure that the AutoPlay feature is turned on. To do this, follow these steps.

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. Type regedit, and then click OK.
c. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
d. Do one of the following:
• If the value for Autorun is 1, go to step e-f.
• If the value for Autorun is 0, right-click Autorun, and then click Modify. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
e. Locate and then click the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
f. Look at the value of the NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry. A value of 0xb5 turns off the AutoRun feature for CD-ROMs. To turn on the AutoRun feature, right-click NoDriveTypeAutoRun, click Modify, type 91 in the Value data box, select Hexadecimal, and then click OK.
g. Quit Registry Editor.

SRX660

ivansmagic

ivansmagic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
superb.

thats me going as normal again

many thanks :whistling: :blink: :help: :) :woot: