Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Router problems or virus? (please help)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Think slow man

Think slow man

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Please please help me. I have tried to port forward my Router (Linksys) and in doing so seem to have completely mucked it up. The internet will be lighting fast 1 minute then stop completely the next. Then starts up again. I have only just finished building it but I did for about a week have no problems. My laptop is in the same network and has no problems. My zone labs firewall seems to have had a lot of hits from what it calls high rated attacks. Has a virus slipped though the net?

Please do not post hijack this logs in any other forum than the malware forum as it will incourage others to do so as well. Your log has been removed and re-attached as a text file

This is my HijackThis Logfile. I’m sorry that I mentioned the p2p program I understand what you say and will take it into consideration. If you could help me with the problem that I have of the internet stopping and starting I would be very grateful.

I think that the work that you do is really great, and I will use this site as an example of the golden age of the internet not being over in my dissertation.

Edited by dsenette, 05 September 2006 - 03:11 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post a hijackthis log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting HiJack This logs in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post an HJT log in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post HJT logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.