Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

no sound

• Please log in to reply

cowgurlup4eva17

cowgurlup4eva17

• Pip
  • 5 posts
A couple weeks ago my mom deleted some unknown files and our computer got a little screwed up. We have restored most of it but ever since then the sound from any media players wont work. All my other sound is fine exept when i want to play music. I even tried to download a trailor from the internet and it had no sound. I have deleted and reinstalled windows media player twice now, but still no sound. <_< please help...

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
Welcome to geeksto go
whats the make and model of your pc it sounds like your missing your sound drivers we can help you find a down load if you can gave us this info.
<_<

cowgurlup4eva17

cowgurlup4eva17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have a gateway pentium 2 with windows 98

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
we'll need the model # of your gateway to get you the right drivers
<_<

cowgurlup4eva17

cowgurlup4eva17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
the model # is Gp6-350

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
here is the site to find your sound drivers but you need a serial # to do it there is a link that tells you how to find that number. Gateway site
<_<

cowgurlup4eva17

cowgurlup4eva17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok i scanned my pc and it said that it downloaded a new sound driver but now instead i have no sound whatsoever

cowgurlup4eva17

cowgurlup4eva17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
every time i try to redownload the driver it tells me to enter a disk called creative sound blaster audio CD, which i dont have and have never had

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Try this link: <_<
http://us.creative.c...port/downloads/