Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wmi.dll not found. and many things not working.

• Please log in to reply

hetom24

hetom24

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello my name is Tom Neim from Melbourne, Australia and I am new to this site,
about a month ago I started to have a problem with popups. I installed some trial spyware and antivirus programs and the problem got worse. I have removed them and I am now using EZ anti virus and yahoo antispy. I dont have a problem with pop ups anymore but the problem is that my computer is mising some files and settings have changed. I am not that good with fixing software problems so I hope someone can give me some help.
Below are some of the problems I'm having.
Cannot turn on firewall, hard to open files and programs. very slow to open files when they do open, takes ages to open program manager, cannot open my computer, cannot open device manager, my sound settings have changed. cannot play sounds in windows or internet sites. I can still play music and videos with media player and winamp etc. Computer restarting often. Video device errors, Cannot access windows management instrumentation, on start up I get these error messages: error loading w00dc0c0.dll, unable to locate component hpohmr08.exe, cfgmgr32.dll, hpotdd01.exe, devmgr.dll, sensapi.dll not found, wmi.dll, verclsid.exe, winrnr.dll.
Some programs are working fine but mostly windows programs are not opening or open up 5minutes later. Explorer is not working properly so I got firefox which is working fine but is closing sometimes because of windows crashing often. I have searched the net for solutions and ran various systems tools and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some important system files.
Whats the best way for me to fix my computer?
java script:emoticon(':whistling:', 'smid_21')
:blink:
I hope this information is enough to determine whats wrong with my system.
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Hetem Tom Neim [email protected] :help:

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
hi tom try this ok if you have any more problems come back to this site but try this first

click here

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Edited by rushin1nd, 05 September 2006 - 11:36 PM.

hetom24

hetom24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I will try it and get back to you.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.dlldump.c...-files/W_4.html

you will find that download there

Edited by rushin1nd, 06 September 2006 - 06:18 AM.

hetom24

hetom24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks rushin1nd, I have downloaded ntregopt, erunt, hijackthis,ccleaner, and dial a fix. I ran them and it didnt change anything noticable. but I did notice a lot of stuff added and removed during the processes. I havent run dial a fix yet. I am getting this message now "Could not load installer for image". this comes up when I try to open up the new explorer7, my explorer is still not working properly, and still cannot open files/folders, and still no sound on internet ecxept for quicktime player sites.

I need the computer for a job so I will try to fix things in a few days.
at least my graphics programs are working and firefox is very good.
thanks for the advice so far.
Hetom24

hetom24

hetom24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Here is my hijacklog. can you tell me what to remove and what to keep?
thanks
Hetom24Attached File  hijackthishetom24.txt   10.89KB   276 downloads

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well tom you certainly have a nasty hijack log can you make another one and post it in the malware forum they can help get rid of some of dirty stuff then come back here we can deal with the other issues