Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver for Titanium USB 2.0 160GB Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

ddam007

ddam007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
First time here. Hopefully there is a geek out there that can help. I just bought a Fantom Titanium USB 2.0 160GB external Hard Drive, and can't get my computer to recognize it. I am runding windows 98 Second Edition. The driver that I downloaded from the Fantom Drives website is not working? Does anyone have any ideas? I also tried downloading the generic external HD driver from m$, but that didn't work either. I am planning on getting a new computer in a month or 2, and wanted to get all my files off of it.

Any suggestions on how to get this HD to work? Does anyone have one that is running 98?

Thanks for any help!
Don

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
As I remember windows 98SE will not see a hard drive larger than 127 or some such.... sorry...

ddam007

ddam007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thats wierd. On the spec tree, it says it is compatible.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Need to format it first before it shows up in My Computer.

Your next challenge is how to format it without taking it out of the caddy :whistling:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Have you tried this only 9am - 5pm
Live chat for your drive