Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Networking

• Please log in to reply

Vic63

Vic63

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm almost done completing my wireless connection, but for some reason i cannot get the final connection to the internet. below is my system's info, if anyone can help, it would sure help me out a lot. Thank You :whistling:

1st---> The operating system i am using is Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2.

2nd---> the problem PC that i'm having problem with has the folliwing hoardware installed on it A) 1394 NetAdapter(Red X's)
B) Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
C) Motorola Surfboard SB 5100 USB Cablemodem
D) Realtek RTL8139/810 X Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Understand that i have tried all of the above to try an gain internet access, i would prefer to use the wireless if possible.

The Router that i'm am usingsis A) The main PC is hooked up to the Linksys model BEFW1154 Instant Broadband Etherfast Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router with 4 port Switch. An my wireless is hooked up to the PC down stairs, its show's a signal between the router up stairs & the wireless card connection, just no internet connection !!!!!!

The IP Configuration on the PC in the basement is --->
A) Primary DNS Suffix is Blank
B) IP routing Enabled is No
C) Wins proxy Enabled is No
D) DNS Suffix Search list is Wowway.com
The system uses DHCP which is enabled(yes)

The IP Configuration for the PC up Stairs is--->
A) Primary DNS Suffix is Blank
B) Node type is Hybrid
C) IP Routing Enabled is No
D) Wins Suffix Search List is Wowway.com
The system uses DHCP which is Enabled(yes)

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Are the PC's getting addresses from the router? Go to start /run /open= cmd . Type in ipconfig. You should have an IP for one of the devices. Linksys is usually 192.168.1.10x for the IP and 192.168.1.1 for the default gateway. If your not seeing an IP and gateway you are not connecting to the router. With a blank DNS Suffix I suspect your not connecting.