Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Two of the same processes at the same time?

• Please log in to reply

dan_2k

dan_2k

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Right,

Ive been having alot of trouble with my task manager and i still havent found a cure for it yet.

When i go play on a game e.g FIFA 06, i go into it ok, but then when i quit it and go to task manager, it has two FIFA06.exe's in the task manager, and this goes the same for a few other processes that i have on in the background like the .exe files for Windows Defender and MSN messenger, this is very frustrating because these rogue processes also drain the CPU and also memory usage and so it affects the entire system.

i would really appreciate the help,

thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• 2processes.JPG

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Hello again dan 2k!

In your other thread, the one about the firewall problem, attach a hijackthis log (as I state in the instructions) and we'll go from there. :whistling: