Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Someone stole my Yahoo account!

• Please log in to reply

Tom Byron

Tom Byron

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my yahoo messenger password has been blocked...how can i get i t back?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would suggest you go to http://help.yahoo.com/ and send them a detailed message about your problem.

Tom Byron

Tom Byron

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well, i sent 6 emails to yahoo, and they claimed my birthdate didnt match their records. someone has been in my account and changed things, and there is a new link on my profile to [email protected] i dont know if it is a prank or not. the email link for the fbi does not allow me to send the email either.
thanks for your reply...but i am afraid who ever has this account is smarter than i am....

Lightninghawk

Lightninghawk

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
why don't you lock them out of it for 24 hrs. Also what is the account? There is always the possibility of getting it back. And of course that is not an actual email account that you posted there. Sorry but Gmail is almost the only Email service that allows "." in the account name.

Also try using an alternate retrieval method if you plan on opening another account. Such as "a backup email address with a overriding backdoor." Not sure how to set it up, but yahoo and hotmail are both allowing it now.

Good Luck.
The Lightninghawk

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
If you already went down that trail with Yahoo, 6 emails and they don't think it is you because the cracker changed things, don't screw with it. Just open another account at yahoo, and be sure to set a better password, one not so easy to crack.