Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Highmat interfers with XP CD burning operation

• Please log in to reply

rogerbid

rogerbid

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hello Everyone,

I am asking for help here for a pal who's having a problem I have not encountered. He is new to computers in general and has had problems compiling a data CD.

When trying to archive a lot of picture files to a CD, he uses the XP CD burning program rather than a burning program like Nero. Part way through the process HighMat chips in and says he cannot burn as many pictures. I think he said there is a limit on the number of files, as opposed to the size of data involved.

A Google search revealed that Microsoft has stopped supporting Highmat (and I believe it has something to do with SP2) but I can find nothing useful about it. Is there a way to delete it from a PC with XP?

If anyone has come across this and knows how to prevent it happening, can you please let me know,

thanks and best wishes, Roger

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Never heard of Highmat. Then again, I never use Windows's built in burner.

If you want, I can do research and see if we can try to fix it. Otherwise, I may have a simpler solution.

Have him Download and Install DeepBurner. It's free, and very good. Let's see if he has the same problem with that program.

rogerbid

rogerbid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hi Computerwiz,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass that on immediately and report back asap! I wont ask you to go ahead with a lot of research until the response is known, but I appreciate your offer.

Stay tuned as they say!

Thanks very much! Roger