Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Faint/No Video

• Please log in to reply

SkaFreak

SkaFreak

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently got a second monitor and decided it was time for a clean install with all of the issues I had been having lately. After reloading, anytime I try to play a .avi file I get audio with no video, and wmv and mpeg have video but it is very faint and the colors are off, almost as if it's gamma is wrong. DVD's have the same issue as the wmv files. I suspected it was the program, but I have tried WMP 11, Winamp 5.24, and VLC 0.8.5. Any suggestions?

Edited by SkaFreak, 06 September 2006 - 07:09 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try this for the avi problem

http://www.kcsoftwar...m/index.php?vtb

Did you update the video card software after the install

Does the monitor have drivers

SkaFreak

SkaFreak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I got this solved now. I ended up just completely uninstalling and reinstalling the video driver and that cleaned it up nicely. I still may go and see if that site helps at all though, because they will sitll not play in winamp, but that's more of a mild annoyance than a problem. VLC and WMP work fine now.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
VLC is probably as good as Winamp for DVD playback

Thanks for letting me know