Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Intel core duo to hot?

• Please log in to reply

Norbi

Norbi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
I just finished building my pc with a Asus P5B mobo and intel core 2 duo e6600 2400 MHz proccesor, when i boot up my pc the hardware monitor shows a temp of 65 to 70 degrees.. no harm done but wil this temp drop when i'm operating in windows and running mutiple aplications? or will this stay the same? i download a program called "core temp" wich should work with a dual core processor wich shows a temp of 45 degrees when operating in windows what seems oke. I dont have any idea how the temp works during the boot up and while in hardware monitoring, can anyone help me out? :whistling:

- robin

Edited by Norbi, 07 September 2006 - 09:57 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It should get higher as you run more applications and an OS, it may be an error in bios you could try updating it, try an app like PCwizard or speedfan double check the temps with the application, 65-70 degrees idle is very high and close to the cot off threshold for the board if it really is that high.

You do get errors though and you can manually check temperatures manually if you still are worried.

Norbi

Norbi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hmm.. I did update the bios and it still show a temp of 65/70 degrees. I tried speed fan but it only shows the temp of my mobo and HD not the cpu and PCwizard shows a temp of 37 degrees, the core temp program shows 48.. PC wizard says that the temp of core 1 is 100 degrees and core 2 also 100 degrees and the processor mainly 37 degrees.. is that correct? and is my bios just screwed?

Edited by Norbi, 07 September 2006 - 03:32 PM.