Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TRYING TO DELETE A FOLDER

• Please log in to reply

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi forum
:help: I have a folder that i just made for photo's and after doing this i tried to delete as i have a double folder but i get the message that someone else is using it or another program but i am the only user so could someone please help me to delete this. Thank you

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Probably just need to reboot to delete it, but if you wanna delete it without rebooting, there's a great program that can get past those "Access Denied" deletion problems. This program may be useful in future situations too.

Download Unlocker and install it. After installing it, Right-click on the item you want to delete and select Unlocker.

If something is locking it, it will display the program(s) in a list. Click on Unlock All at the bottom and then you should be able to delete it. :whistling:

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi computerwiz12890
Thank you for your fast reply I went and tried that and it worked that is brilliant thank you so much for your help. problem solved
I didn't want to reboot as i am getting help from wannabe1 for my dell screen pausing at boot up thanks again your brill.

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 07 September 2006 - 10:33 AM.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
anytime :whistling: