Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling Flash9.ocx

• Please log in to reply

fawolfe

fawolfe

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
All files on drive have been erased except for the Flash9.ocx file which defies all attempts.
Have tried
regsvr32
uninstall_flash_player.exe
Any help?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
How many drives are in the PC

Have you checked disc clean up, view downloaded programme files for the active x control

fawolfe

fawolfe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Keith
I have 2 HD this one is currently the slave - nothing should be accessing it.
I have done a disk cleanup & wipe disk and still cannot get rid of the file

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
With disc clean up, click to view downloaded programme files, there could be an active x control there to delete

Or

If you can see the file, download and install Unlocker from my signature, install with the add to send to option, reboot, right click the file, click Unlocker then either move the file off the drive or delete it

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
did you use this flash to play a game if you did what game was it

fawolfe

fawolfe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Keith
What disk clean up program do you use? - nothing I tried found anything. Tried using Unlocker -It would move the file but a copy remained on the drive even after a reboot.

rushinlnd - no games

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
do you know where or how it was used for

when you right click it try to rename the file it then use unlocker

then reboot

for disc clean up....

go to your tools..internet options.. delete cookies ..then delete files ..including offline put check mark in box

then reboot

or go to all programs and you find disc cleanup in accesseries

make sure all boxes are checked

then click ok

then reboot

Edited by rushin1nd, 07 September 2006 - 03:13 PM.

fawolfe

fawolfe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
rushinlnd
It was my C: drive so Flash was installed to run internet flash vid
Tried what you gave me - no success
I am going to move to the third option - after 2 weeks of fighting this - buy a new drive and use this one as a slave.
I am also going to watch out for Macromedia Flash - that is one tough program to delete.
Thanks for your help

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
One is difficulty in deleting or uninstalling Flash Player for Windows IE. The quick solution is to run the uninstaller, which is found here:
http://www.adobe.com...cfm?id=tn_14157

The uninstaller both unlocks and deletes the Flash Player. (The Flash Player is locked upon install to prevent a malicious web site from tricking people into installing spyware or malware that masquerades as the Flash Player.)

Alternately. you can run %windir%\systems32\macromed\flash\UninstFL.exe at Birdz advised. This uninstaller requires no special download and should already be on your system.

The second problem that is being discussed here are Flash Player crashes. The most valuable piece of information you can provide is the URL where the crash occurred. Its also essential to provide the version number of the Flash Player you're using and your confirguration (operating system and browser version). You get bonus points for returning to the URL and letting us know if the crash occurred a second time. With this information, we can track down the root cause and resolve it.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
First reboot the machine and make sure there are no Flash applications active.
You can obtain msizap.exe from Microsoft, and Uninstfl.exe from Adobe, sorry not to
specify their download locations, but if you search the site you should be able to find the
pertinent information. Next, follow the following steps:

1. run the uninstall command:

%windir%\system32\msiexec.exe /X{BB65C393-C76E-4F06-9B0C-2124AA8AF97B} /qb-

2. run msizap:
msizap.exe T {BB65C393-C76E-4F06-9B0C-2124AA8AF97B}

3. run uninstlfl.exe twice using the following switches:
uninstfl.exe -q -u flash9.ocx
uninstfl.exe -q flash9.ocx

4. If %windir%\system32\macromed\flash\flash.ocx still exist, delete it manually